You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-15 12:19:15

delmonico

Disabling soft wifi kill button

Hi,
got another problem wink On my eeepc, there is a FN-key-combination that causes the rfkill module to block the wifi module. I would like to turn this behavior off, i.e. not have a possibility for the user to disconnect the wifi. I tried to blacklist the rfkill module, but then my driver module (ath9k) is not loaded at all. I can handle the event in /etc/acpi/handler.sh, but no matter what I do there, the block will still be toggled by the kernel sad

#2 2010-06-18 23:22:51

Aas

Re: Disabling soft wifi kill button

I think I had similar problem. When I have slided the hardware button to enable wifi, the LED stayed red, and I wasn't able to turn wifi on. Then I run Blueman (bluetooth manager) and he wanted to turn the module on, but when I chose to turn it on, it does nothing. I had to slide the hardware button and at the same time click in Blueman manager to turn bluetooh on. Afther this, my wireless connectivity was enabled again and the LED turned blue as expected. And wicd has connected by itself. I knew the wifi worked once before, so i haven't changed any settings. I also tried to go to BIOS and turned on everything that has something to do with wireless or network power sawing. :-) Now it works again like a charm. Hope this helps someone.

Board footer