You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-18 08:51:56

arinlares
Website

[SOLVED]GDM issues: theme and session switching

I've run into a couple of issues involving the GDM login. First: when I restart my computer, or log into a different session than previously (I have GNOME, GNOME/Openbox, LXDE, and Openbox), it flashes to the command line showing "login eee" (eee's my computer's hostname), and back to the login screen.  If I try it again (say, switching to an LXDE session from a GNOME session), it happens once, and on the second try, I get to my desktop.  I haven't been able to find anything about this issue (unless it's somehow related to a crashing issue I read about in GNOME 2.28, but it's LXDE, so I don't know), I'm not sure what the issue is or how to find out.

My second issue is just an annoyance:  I can't seem to change the GDM login theme, and can't find out how.  The best I found was here, but the file gdmsetup doesn't exist (ls /usr/bin proves it).  I tried pacman -S gdmsetup, which returned the output "gdmsetup not found in sync db."  I'm not sure If I'm missing a package as I've installed gnome, gnome-extra, and the basic lxde package, excluding any programs GNOME provides a utility for, but hope somebody here can point me in the right direction.

Last edited by arinlares (2010-02-18 23:08:48)

#2 2010-02-18 12:50:01

loafer

Re: [SOLVED]GDM issues: theme and session switching

arinlares, the thread you are quoting is from 2007 and things have changed since then.  Take a look at the wiki articles on Gnome etc.

All men have stood for freedom...
For freedom is the man that will turn the world upside down.
Gerrard Winstanley.

#3 2010-02-18 23:07:53

arinlares
Website

Re: [SOLVED]GDM issues: theme and session switching

Thanks, loafer!  I'd already looked, but not close enough, apparently, as I missed the parts about GDM's placement in rc.conf (a quick skim doesn't really help, I just learned), and also about the gdm-old package in the AUR.  Thanks again for the help.

Board footer