You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-18 18:12:27

leberyo

My Internet has slowed to a crawl-Ralink RT2500

For a few days now, my internet has been really slow.  I have a Ralink RT2500 USB WIFI card, and I'm getting no faster than 40 k/s download speed at the moment.  Dual booting into Windows, internet is fast as usual.  Does anybody else have this issue, could it be the newer kernel or some update that messed things up?

#2 2010-02-18 18:28:26

Cyrusm

Re: My Internet has slowed to a crawl-Ralink RT2500

think back to when this started to occur... did you do an upgrade that might have affected your wireless driver right before the symptoms started to occur?  check your pacman.log for the last time you updated the kernel or the driver.

you could also try downgrading to a previous version of the driver and see if that changes anything.  If you don't have it in /var/cache/pacman/
(if you've recently cleaned your cache) you can get old versions of packages from schlunix.org

if it works, don't forget to ignore it in your pacman.conf so that it doesn't update next time you do a system update.

Hofstadter's Law:
           It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

Board footer