You are not logged in.

#1 2005-01-11 09:14:13

qsdickee

Gretl - software for econometrics

I failed to compling gretl on Arch, it said: need LAPACK. But i don't know how to install LAPACK!  HELP!

#2 2005-01-11 13:30:32

luisfelipe

Re: Gretl - software for econometrics

Well, you're gonna have some problems tongue

From what I remember (but that was some time ago, perhaps the installation process has improved), installing LAPACK (or LINPACK for that matter) isn't that easy.
I searched the forums, but apparently no one has made a package for it until now.
You could try to build a package yourself, you could probably install it without making a
package (but I think that this isn't the best way, since it makes it difficult to upgrade/uninstall it
afterwards), or you can ask for someone to build the package for you (which I think is
what you just did here tongue) .

If I have some free time later, I will try to build the package for you. But I can't promess
I'll be able to do it any time soon.

The LAPACK documentation appears to be alot better now than last time I saw it, so
perhaps you should take a look at it .

#3 2005-08-17 19:12:10

jftaylor21

I posted a pkgbuild for lapack in the aur. Better late than never smile

#4 2006-08-15 01:56:15

shifteight

ok, lapack check passed!
however, make error happened:
ouput like this:

make -C cli
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/kevin/abs/science/gretl/src/gretl/cli'
mkdir .deps
gcc -c -g -O2 -I.. -I.. -I../lib/src  -DLOCALEDIR="/usr/local/share/locale" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H gretlcli.c
gcc -g -O2 -I.. -I.. -I../lib/src  -DLOCALEDIR="/usr/local/share/locale" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -MM gretlcli.c > .deps/gretlcli.d 
gcc -c -g -O2 -I.. -I.. -I../lib/src  -DLOCALEDIR="/usr/local/share/locale" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H complete.c
gcc -g -O2 -I.. -I.. -I../lib/src  -DLOCALEDIR="/usr/local/share/locale" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -MM complete.c > .deps/complete.d 
../libtool --mode=link gcc -o gretlcli gretlcli.o complete.o ../lib/libgretl-1.0.la -lreadline -lcurses 
mkdir .libs
gcc -o .libs/gretlcli gretlcli.o complete.o  ../lib/.libs/libgretl-1.0.so -L/usr/lib -llapack -lblas -lgfortran -ldl -L/usr/local/lib -lxml2 -lz -lm -lglib-2.0 -lgmp -lreadline -lcurses -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib
../lib/.libs/libgretl-1.0.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_filename'
../lib/.libs/libgretl-1.0.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_ioparm'
../lib/.libs/libgretl-1.0.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_line'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [gretlcli] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kevin/abs/science/gretl/src/gretl/cli'
make: *** [cli] Error 2

Board footer