You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-20 19:00:24

insane_alien

VirtualBox crashes when tring to add a shared Folder.

Hey there,

as the title say, my Virtualbox keeps crashing when i try to setup a shared folder. It will crash just after i select a folder on my system and then either when i press okay or the 'read only' checkbox.

I don't know which logs would be helpful so if you are going to ask please tell me which ones and how to get them.

it'll boot up a virtual machine without much trouble though.

#2 2010-02-21 22:35:00

MAroco

Re: VirtualBox crashes when tring to add a shared Folder.

You generally find the logs under /var/log/  The usual suspects would be dmesg.log, errors.log, everything.log.
How did you install Virtualbox? Did you follow this: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Virtualbox
The ability to use shared folders is provided by the guest additions if I remember correctly. Are they installed and are the deamons started? 
What guest system are you running inside the VB?

#3 2010-02-22 02:12:16

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

It may be libpng related. Try installing the latest virtualbox_bin with its libpng12 dependency. Check the last few comments on the AUR page for details.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#4 2011-01-15 03:00:58

knuckles

Anyone resolve this issue? I can't figure this one out.

#5 2011-01-15 03:15:58

knuckles

Nevermind. For a linux host with a windows guest:

$ VBoxManage sharedfolder add "<virtual machine>" -name "<share name>" -hostpath "<host path>"

Then add it in the guest.

c:\> net use <drive>: \\vboxsvr\<share name>

I did my best to comb the internet before posting to the forums, and as soon as I gave in... http://www.virtuatopia.com/index.php/Vi … ed_Folders

Board footer