You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-22 02:12:23

DWilliams

More problems with the libpng upgrade

Ever since the big libpng/libjpeg upgrade a while back I've been having problems. At first it completely broke my system, but I made a thread about that and ultimately fixed the problem by installing libpng and libjpeg from the AUR and doing a full system upgrade.

Now, I'm encountering some other problems that are admittedly less severe. There are two programs I'm trying to install from the AUR that are complaining about libpng. Specifically, the one I'm having trouble with now is Mangler, an open source Ventrilo client.

When I run makepkg, I get a whole bunch of compiler output doing checks and stuff, but it fails with the following errors:

checking for gtk... configure: error: Package requirements (gtk+-2.0 >= 2.16.0) were not met:

Package libpng12 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libpng12.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
Package 'libpng12', required by 'cairo', not found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables gtk_CFLAGS
and gtk_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.

==> ERROR: Build Failed.
    Aborting...

I assume this is related to the libpng issues. How can I fix this and install my software?

#2 2010-02-22 05:45:19

smakked

Re: More problems with the libpng upgrade

Umm wern't we told not to use the ibpng and libjpeg from the AUR because it would cause problems down the track?
May uninstall them and do a Syu to upgrade your system with the correct arch packages?

Certified Android Junkie
Arch 64

#3 2010-02-22 10:25:01

wonder
Developer
Website

first you should fix your cairo package and rebuild it against new libpng. i guess you are using some cairo from aur.

Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.

#4 2010-02-23 19:01:05

DWilliams

smakked wrote:

Umm wern't we told not to use the ibpng and libjpeg from the AUR because it would cause problems down the track?
May uninstall them and do a Syu to upgrade your system with the correct arch packages?

I'm not sure, that's how I was told to fix my previous problems.

UPDATE: I removed the AUR versions of libpng and libjpeg, and updated all my *-ubuntu font related files and the problem seems to have gone away

Last edited by DWilliams (2010-02-23 19:59:39)

Board footer