You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-22 18:24:42

Mitio

Trouble with LIRC/remote control @ HP laptop

Hello everyone
I recently installed arch on my laptop and discovered just how awesome it is. After a few days of consulting the ArchWiki (i think it's the best linux wiki I've seen) and roaming the web I narrowed down my issues to 2. The more significant to me is getting lirc to work with gnome. Since the driver for my remote is buggy, i compiled lirc from source, replacing its source file with a modified one I found (I am talking lirc_it87), and got irw and mode2 to acknowledge the existence of my remote. However I learned that to generate a lircrc file for gnome as a whole, I need gnome-lirk-properties. So, while installing the tool, its configure script failed to find the polkit and polkit-gnome installed, although I installed them with pacman:

checking for POLICY_KIT... configure: error: Package requirements (polkit >= 0.7
                                   polkit-gnome >= 0.7) were not met:

No package 'polkit' found
No package 'polkit-gnome' found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables POLICY_KIT_CFLAGS
and POLICY_KIT_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.

So, my question is how to overcome this by using one of the options the script is outlining?(this happens regardless of the source I use - makepkg & AUR or the tarball from the gnome website). Also, in case I need to construct the lircrc file manually, where should I put it, and how should it be named?
And secondly, I also noticed that for some reason after waking from suspend, my ALPS touchpad's tapping is disabled(no other options are changed) I have script that sets the options using the synclient @ startup of gnome, so I was wondering if I could execute a script at, say, unlocking the screen (as that would mean it runs each time I resume from suspend).

Board footer