You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-01 12:45:54

Schoktra

MSI A6000-225US Laptop

I have recently purchased this fine and lovely laptop. I had Ubuntu on the previous laptop as Arch was just too much of a hassle to try and configure into a working state of only minor inconveniences. I transfered that hard drive into the new laptop and BEHOLD it booted into Linux just fine but I had no wireless. So I traced that to lack of kernel drivers and recompiling on Ubuntu seemed to be too much of a hassle. So back to Arch it was. Okay, story aside here is the nitty gritty.

I want to install usplash to hide the boot screen and make it fancy and stuff (mostly because I like to show off how configurable GNU/Linux is to those who do not use it), but I cannot get my time to configure properly. It always fails during boot and as anyone who has used usplash knows, it leaps out of the pretty screen at the first little failure it reaches.

Anyways, I have tried every guide I can find about time and it just doesn't fix the problem. I've tried ntpd, openntp, and I know my rc.conf file is set correctly. I have tried both UTC and localtime as well as changing the time zone to US/Central and America/Chicago on each of the prior settings. Nothing has fixed the problem.

If anyone has solutions that may help me remedy the situation I would greatly appreciate it.

Board footer