You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-04 06:44:18

tmvphil

Newsbeuter build from community repo is failing [SOLVED]

I can't seem to find anything like this on the forums or otherwise, making me think its not a newsbeuter bug, but rather something wrong with my system.

I installed the newsbeuter package recently and got back

Error: an instance of newsbeuter is already running (PID: 0)

So I ps -e | grep newsbeuter, nothing. I uninstall and build from the newest version on git.. same thing happens. I remove that and build the old version. Again same issue. Could something be causing this? Or should I just file a bug report with newsbeuter?

Last edited by tmvphil (2010-03-04 21:34:14)

#2 2010-03-04 09:13:09

knopwob
Website

Re: Newsbeuter build from community repo is failing [SOLVED]

Hey,

maybe newsbeuter didn't shut down properly, the last time, it was closed. Have a look into ~/.newsbeuter. If there's a file named "cache.db.lock" remove it (if there really isn't an instance of newsbeuter running).
This file prevents newsbeuter to open it's cache, if it's allready opened. But if newsbeuter isn't shut down properly, this file remains.

edit: But it makes me wonder, that it claims, the running instance has the PID 0 o_O

Last edited by knopwob (2010-03-04 09:14:33)

#3 2010-03-04 21:36:35

tmvphil

Re: Newsbeuter build from community repo is failing [SOLVED]

Woops, It turns out I misread the man page of newsbeuter. I had ~/.newsbeuter as a file with my urls rather than a directory. The error could have been more informative, but this was entirely my fault. Marked as solved. Thanks knopwob

Board footer