You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
does anybody know how to get sonata working with 'various artists' albums? i've always just put the song artist in the 'artist' tag and the album artist as 'various artists,' but sonata doesn't recognize the album artist tag.
i noticed an update on their site:
"Implemented logic for Various Artists albums" sometime in 2007, so i assume there is some way i don't know about. it wasnt in the documentation (from what i saw) or FAQ.
Offline
after browsing the sonata mailing lists, i found this:
> I saw the following in the change log.
>
> May 7, 2007 (Version 1.1):
>
> Implemented logic for Various Artists albums
>
> I have been told that MPD supports the albumartist tag and the changelog
> snippet above leads me to believe sonata implements this but I can't seem to
> get it to work.
> Does it work in another way?
>
> In mpd.conf I have:
> metadata_to_use
> "albumartist,artist,album,title,track,name,genre,date,composer,performer,disc"
>
> Anyone know how to get this to work?
>Sorry for the late reply.
Sonata doesn't use the albumartist tag, yet. If you look at the TODO,
it's planned for 1.7.
now to wait.
Offline
Pages: 1