You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-06 07:07:40

XtrmGmr99

TeamSpeak (used with aoss)/ALSA problem - Stuttering, clicking quality

Hello,

I use TS with my MMO (which runs nearly flawlessly via WINE). I'm currently using the `bin32-teamspeak2` AUR package, and it starts and works just fine (I run it via `ts2-alsa`). Except the sound quality. This is a problem that seems to plague the Linux client, which is the reason why so many people run the windows client through WINE. I can't run it through wine due to other circumstances (PTT key not working, other issues).

I've looked around, and came across this post which links to this post. It seems that if you increase the sound buffer, it help, if not completely eliminates, the stuttering.

However, I can't get it to work at all. I copied and pasted what is there, and when I start up TS it doesn't detect my sound device or mic. I tried to edit it to fit my machine via ALSA wikis and whatnot, but I'm really flying blind here as I've never worked with any audio stuff and it's just going over my head, and I can't seem to get a configuration that even works, let alone fixes the problem.

Can anyone help me? I'm willing to provide information about my computer via /proc/, but I don't know where to find info regarding the sound card and whatnot, or even what kind of info is relavent.

BTW, it's an on-board sound card.

Thanks to anybody that can help. =)

This might be some relavent info:

$ sudo lshw
       *-multimedia
             description: Audio device
             product: 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller
             vendor: Intel Corporation
             physical id: 1b
             bus info: pci@0000:00:1b.0
             version: 02
             width: 64 bits
             clock: 33MHz
             capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list
             configuration: driver=HDA Intel latency=0
             resources: irq:22 memory:f9ff8000-f9ffbfff
$ cat /proc/asound/pcm
00-00: AD198x Analog : AD198x Analog : playback 1 : capture 3
00-01: AD198x Digital : AD198x Digital : playback 1 : capture 1

EDIT: I've noticed that sometime the sound is crystal clear, when other times it's choppy and clicky... I dunno. I'm still googling the problem, and I'm still unable to edit ~/.asoundrc to include anything without TS not able to find an audio device.

EDIT: Here's some more info (found a nifty ALSA script): http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=b63b4 … a35f77e455

Last edited by XtrmGmr99 (2010-03-06 09:23:46)

#2 2010-03-07 02:51:41

XtrmGmr99

Re: TeamSpeak (used with aoss)/ALSA problem - Stuttering, clicking quality

k, Google has failed me and I'm beginning to think there is no solution. ;_;

#3 2010-03-10 05:41:47

XtrmGmr99

Re: TeamSpeak (used with aoss)/ALSA problem - Stuttering, clicking quality

Last bump

Board footer