You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-06 11:40:23

tomislavski

[SOLVED]gtk20 Clearlooks-Dark-Blue theme warnings - under Openbox

Hi,

I've managed to set up the gtk theme and the Openbox is working fine. It's cool
how everything is fast. I have just these warning messages appearing after my x
session and when i start lxappearance:

And when I use the scroll to go through the dekstops in openbox, i see the titles
"desktop 1", "desktop 2", etc. changing, but there is no square icon moving in the
boxes. I'm using "Clearlooks-DarkBlue" theme, I haven't changed anything about the
icons of the theme. Here is the error log:

http://pastebin.com/6bjWx7zB

Here is the gtkrc of the theme:

http://pastebin.com/VaYKYert

I have installed the gtk-engines:

[root@shakenbake tomislav]# pacman -S gtk-engines
warning: gtk-engines-2.18.5-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...

Targets (1): gtk-engines-2.18.5-1  

Total Download Size:    0.00 MB
Total Installed Size:   1.86 MB

Proceed with installation? [Y/n] Y
checking package integrity...
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                   [###############################] 100%
(1/1) upgrading gtk-engines                         [###############################] 100%
[root@shakenbake tomislav]#

I'm new to Arch (still configuring my first installation), should I just comment the annoying lines? Everything seems to be working fine. Any advice? The warrnings .... they are annoying like errors....

Last edited by tomislavski (2010-03-06 15:13:54)

#2 2010-03-06 13:11:58

n0dix

Re: [SOLVED]gtk20 Clearlooks-Dark-Blue theme warnings - under Openbox

Yes you can comment the annoying lines. Btw, it seems this theme is very old and outdated. Try with another themes like murrine, etc.
If you look the link of the theme in Gnome-Look, at the end somebody has the same issue, link, but there is not a solution.

#3 2010-03-06 14:53:41

tomislavski

n0dix wrote:

Yes you can comment the annoying lines. Btw, it seems this theme is very old and outdated. Try with another themes like murrine, etc.
If you look the link of the theme in Gnome-Look, at the end somebody has the same issue, link, but there is not a solution.

Thanks! smile

Yeah, and there's another thing I don't get. I've understood (finally) how X and the WMs work together , etc. And I've configured the theme. But I wasn't able to find the GTK cool themes... i really would like to avoid what you named "GNOME-like" themes because I've used Ubuntu and I would like a change. Can you direct me to these different gtk2.0 totally cool themes? I've tried freshmeat (excuse my newbieness) but when I get to the page, I wasn't able to find the themes: just the projects...

I'm into this blue/gray combo so even if I don't find anything else, thank you very much for the newer clearlooks theme! big_smile

WAIT: I've found them: I was mislead by the name "gnome" in gnome.look.org. big_smile oops

Last edited by tomislavski (2010-03-06 15:04:16)

#4 2010-03-06 23:17:24

tawan
Website

If your system is new then you may find some themes don't show as expected. You can often look inside the themename/GTK-2.0/gtkrc (a text file) and do a 'find' for the word 'engine' - Look at the engine required by the theme and install it. Some themes use more than one engine.

pacman -S gtk-engines tk-engine-murrine gtk-aurora-engine gtk-engine-nodoka gtk-engine-pixbuf  <-- this gives you some common engines. Each engine is used to render many themes.

This is irrelevant to your original point but may be something of use to you as you explore new themes on a new system.

If you look on box-look.org often the openbox themes contain a well matched GTK too and these are often less 'gnome looking'

#5 2010-04-07 08:53:21

tomislavski

tawan wrote:

If your system is new then you may find some themes don't show as expected. You can often look inside the themename/GTK-2.0/gtkrc (a text file) and do a 'find' for the word 'engine' - Look at the engine required by the theme and install it. Some themes use more than one engine.

pacman -S gtk-engines tk-engine-murrine gtk-aurora-engine gtk-engine-nodoka gtk-engine-pixbuf  <-- this gives you some common engines. Each engine is used to render many themes.

This is irrelevant to your original point but may be something of use to you as you explore new themes on a new system.

If you look on box-look.org often the openbox themes contain a well matched GTK too and these are often less 'gnome looking'

Thanks! I'm installing arch on another two machines at home, this info will be useful! big_smile

Board footer