You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
I am running a new install of Arch x64. All of my browsers crash constantly. Chrome (dev and beta) and Midori show a seg fault error in the console. Firefox just crashes with nothing. I think it may be a java or javascript issue. I started with openjdk but have since removed that and installed Sun's jre 6u18-1.
Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
Offline
I think I had a similar issue which I just fixed (hopefully). If I ran firefox through gdb by:
gdb firefox
run
then when it crashed it was in the nss_wins.so library. The only reason it was trying to use wins as a name lookup was because I had added "wins" to the "hosts:" line in my /etc/nsswitch.conf. Hopefully you've done something similar as well. Removing that fixed the issue - although it is just a workaround.
If this continues to work for a while I will submit a bug report for nss.
Offline
Pages: 1