You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-07 16:15:24

Seta

fstab, and some other stuff

Hey

Im new to Arch, and love it, its so simple and basic... which makes it so flexible... love it! ^^

So but my problem, i want to mount a seperate partition as /home, this partition exists and is the same like i use with ubuntu b4.

fstab looks like this:

/dev/sda1 / ext4 defaults 0 1
/dev/sda5 swap swap defaults 0 0
/dev/sda7 /home ext3 defaults 0 2

Its the sda7 i want, but this doesnt work !?

ah yes, and a other thing. I installed Compiz but have some problems detecting an desktop... There i thought maybe KDE has an own Zoom? KDE4 (i use kdemod) is so full of effects maybe there is an Zoom to? its the only thing i need from compiz...

And: is there a "sudo" in Arch? i always thought its an part of fakeroot but this seems to be wrong ^^

The next Problem is, that Apache seems to be broken?

Prüfe Paketintegrität...
:: Die Datei apache-2.2.14-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz ist beschädigt. Möchten Sie sie löschen? [J/n] n
Fehler: Konnte den Vorgang (Ungültiges oder beschädigtes Paket) nicht durchführen
apache-2.2.14-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz ist ungültig oder beschädigt
Fehler sind aufgetreten, keine Pakete wurden aktualisiert.

Sorry, i knew thats german. Simple it means the pakage Apache is Broken...

So thx,
Greetings Seta

Last edited by Seta (2010-03-07 16:23:10)

#2 2010-03-07 17:03:47

mcmillan

Re: fstab, and some other stuff

Seta wrote:

ah yes, and a other thing. I installed Compiz but have some problems detecting an desktop... There i thought maybe KDE has an own Zoom? KDE4 (i use kdemod) is so full of effects maybe there is an Zoom to? its the only thing i need from compiz...

It's under system settings ->Desktop effects -> zoom.

And: is there a "sudo" in Arch? i always thought its an part of fakeroot but this seems to be wrong ^^

Yes there is sudo, take a look at man pacman to learn how to search with pacman. You'll probably want to look at the wiki too to learn how to configure it.

The next Problem is, that Apache seems to be broken?

Prüfe Paketintegrität...
:: Die Datei apache-2.2.14-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz ist beschädigt. Möchten Sie sie löschen? [J/n] n
Fehler: Konnte den Vorgang (Ungültiges oder beschädigtes Paket) nicht durchführen
apache-2.2.14-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz ist ungültig oder beschädigt
Fehler sind aufgetreten, keine Pakete wurden aktualisiert.

Sorry, i knew thats german. Simple it means the pakage Apache is Broken...

So thx,
Greetings Seta

I'd need to see the phrasing in english to be sure this is saying what it think it, but if you're removing the package from your cache and still getting the error you might try switching mirrors. There's a command you can put in front of pacman that will switch to english, but I'm not sure what it is.

#3 2010-03-07 17:22:52

Seta

mcmillan wrote:
Seta wrote:

It's under system settings ->Desktop effects -> zoom.

Jeah, nice! But it doesnt seem to work...
But i will try and find the problem ^^ thats not the Problem ^^

mcmillan wrote:

Yes there is sudo, take a look at man pacman to learn how to search with pacman. You'll probably want to look at the wiki too to learn how to configure it.

Shit, that i didnt try that xD
yeah ok thx!

mcmillan wrote:

I'd need to see the phrasing in english to be sure this is saying what it think it, but if you're removing the package from your cache and still getting the error you might try switching mirrors. There's a command you can put in front of pacman that will switch to english, but I'm not sure what it is.

i like it in German but thx ^^
Other mirrors also dont work... i will try a source package...

New Problem:
Is there an App for DivX streams? i normally use the mplayerplugin (mozilla-mplayer in debian) but i couldnt find it. Make it From source gives maximum on errors, but maybe there is an Good alternative? (no totem plugin is NO alternative...)

Greetings

#4 2010-03-07 17:59:45

n0dix

Seta wrote:

New Problem:
Is there an App for DivX streams? i normally use the mplayerplugin (mozilla-mplayer in debian) but i couldnt find it. Make it From source gives maximum on errors, but maybe there is an Good alternative? (no totem plugin is NO alternative...)

Greetings

This link can help you.

#5 2010-03-07 18:32:26

Seta

Thx, i already have found the gecko-mediaplayer...

Sorry i was asking bevore i found pacman -Ss
thx anyway!

Arch Rules! xD

Board footer