You are not logged in.

#1 2005-01-17 12:33:35

BlackFenix

Great sugestion

as many do not sign the mail list, here link for an excellent suggestion:
http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch … 03348.html

[img]http://www.archlinux.org/logos/button.png[/img]
The poem is the ash of Fênix that the soul of somebody transforms into dream and transforms into body and later into light.

#2 2005-01-17 16:52:46

BlackFenix

Re: Great sugestion

The devs could saying if this organization is possible?:)  And when?  big_smile

The poem is the ash of Fênix that the soul of somebody transforms into dream and transforms into body and later into light.

#3 2005-01-17 18:00:58

i3839

He forgot the most obvious thing, package maintenance...

#4 2005-01-17 18:38:42

BlackFenix

i agree!   smile

#5 2005-01-17 18:44:29

sarah31
Website

its a great idea but i cannot see it happening without a major recruitment of people to fill the various postions. Without a doubt you would still have lots of people applying to five or six of the catagories and virtually noone for others.

That being said roadmaps are good and it would be great for arch to have one.

(Don't count me in though cuz I don't use it anymore tongue)

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#6 2005-01-17 19:18:41

BlackFenix

Yes... but to increase a recruitment of people it's important create this categories.  wink

#7 2005-01-18 01:00:38

skoal
Website

sarah31 wrote:

[...]That being said roadmaps are good and it would be great for arch to have one.

Roadmaps or Arch?

#8 2005-01-18 01:37:32

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

sarah31 wrote:

That being said roadmaps are good and it would be great for arch to have one.

do you get lost alot? not using roadmaps and all?

#9 2005-01-18 02:10:44

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

pffftttt...
like a man would ever ask for directions anyway.
wink

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#10 2005-01-18 04:42:39

sarah31
Website

Polar bears have no need for roadmaps or Arch tongue

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#11 2005-01-18 17:02:38

xerxes2
Website

Animals should stay in their "normal" living environment. Otherwise they just get annoying...

arch + gentoo + initng + python = enlisy

#12 2005-01-18 18:18:58

sarah31
Website

bah. it is nice and cold here. thank you very much.

you better stop hassling me or you will find a burning bag of something quite nasty on your front step. tongue

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#13 2005-01-19 13:36:28

xerxes2
Website

I've been a vegan for more than five years(7 maybe) and people always ask me why and think that I'm an animal lover, well, I'm not, but I do believe that animals should be out in the wilderness and not locked in,
polar bears is just one example, they are nice creatures when they stay up north where they belong, but when they go south they just gets annoying...  tongue

#14 2005-01-19 16:42:59

sarah31
Website

not as annoying as vegans tongue i haven't met or eaten one I have like yet.

being a veg or vegan is just too high a maintenance task for me. I hate buying supliments which is something you should be doing if you are a veg or vegan since you will NOT get all that you may need from roots and shoots.

besides whoever said plants can't feel.

damn oxygen stealers you vegs and vegans tongue

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#15 2005-01-19 17:55:06

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

i bet he eats lot of broccoli and spinach. I think i read somewhere that the only thing broccoli is missing is a high protien value. Supplement that with beans and you have a full range of nutrients..
course. I don't know if I would want to live off of broccoli and beans only..would be pretty gassy too.
lol  wink

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#16 2005-01-19 18:04:27

sarah31
Website

nothing beats a nice slab of meat with a big wad of veggies on the side.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#17 2005-01-19 20:36:42

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

sarah31 wrote:

nothing beats a nice slab of meat with a big wad of veggies on the side.

How bout an angry vegan with a stick?
lol
I always thought vegans were a bit *ahem* nutty, but as long as their diet doesn't hurt mine...more power to them. Maybe they will discover some magical veggie combination that can be dehydrated and put into pellet form..that could completely satisfy all the bodily needs for nutrition.
then, we all could simply eat our food pellet and go about our merry day...and only cook and eat extravagent meals when the mood suited us, instead of out of necessity. I surely would love a nice healthy catchall food pellet during long coding sessions.

"tacos" -- Cactus' Law

#18 2005-01-19 20:53:18

sarah31
Website

cactus wrote:

How bout an angry vegan with a stick?
lol

Actually i find vegans kinda gamey. I would rather eat a nice meat fattened person than one of those scrawny vegans.

...vegans are easier to sneak up on because they fart so damn much they cannot hear or smell you coming.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#19 2005-01-19 22:13:33

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

lol..
then you should come to the us for your dining delight. Something like 60% or more of the population here is overweight..
Tons of fatties waddling around. Its not so bad since I moved to the city. Seems people tend to eat healthier and do more walking. Its the "lets not drive. lets take the bus and then walk 3 blocks" syndrome...

As an aside..Today walking around downtown I saw someone on a bicycle, with a compound bow strapped to the front, and a quiver of arrows strapped to the back..
He was riding in mostly dirty camo outfit..
I wonder what he was hunting downtown...
:shock:

"tacos" -- Cactus' Law

#20 2005-01-20 01:58:21

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

See?  This is the reason that an organization will never come about.  No one's really willing to talk about it or better, do something about it.

Instead they just want to talk about polar bears eating vegans...

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#21 2005-01-20 18:07:45

xerxes2
Website

sarah31 wrote:

not as annoying as vegans tongue i haven't met or eaten one I have like yet.

being a veg or vegan is just too high a maintenance task for me. I hate buying supliments which is something you should be doing if you are a veg or vegan since you will NOT get all that you may need from roots and shoots.

besides whoever said plants can't feel.

damn oxygen stealers you vegs and vegans tongue

no that's not right miss manitoba, it's the meat eaters that are using up to hundred times more oxygen than the vegans, first you got to feed the pig for a year before you eat it, it would be much more economical to just eat the pellets direct instead,   

as cactus said, you can live on broccoli with some peas also, i've done it for years and i only get smarter all the time,  big_smile

#22 2005-01-20 19:45:08

sarah31
Website

bah vegan are ruthelss plant killers. You are probably one of those "organic" vegans as well. In case you have never figured it out farming, either or other, is extremely taxing on the land and mineral in the soil. Most farmland used for plants contributes greatly to polluted water bodies..... of course few people care because the farmers provide us with food.

I can tell you as well that being a vegan you just will not get your required B12 and unless you manage your consumption properly you will get little iron as well. (not too mention you guys are really gassy). I did the vegetarian thing and I still eat mostly veggies. But I like meat and would never give the stuff up again.

well enough on this. i suggest that you prove Xentac's word wrong. (btwe i completely agree with him tongue )

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#23 2005-01-20 22:10:11

BlackFenix

Xentac wrote:

See?  This is the reason that an organization will never come about.  No one's really willing to talk about it or better, do something about it.

Instead they just want to talk about polar bears eating vegans...

I igree...  sad
I just want see archlinux grow and increse your users/developers with a new organization and i don't know where bears and vegans help this. smile

OBS: I hope you understand me. I'm user from brazil and my english is really poor.

#24 2005-01-21 03:21:16

sarah31
Website

BlackFenix wrote:

OBS: I hope you understand me. I'm user from brazil and my english is really poor.

Your English is more than adequate.

I may have hijacked this thread but I already mentioned online that it is a great idea and well worth organising. Would do it but since I do not use Arch anymore I fear that I would eventually not be of very much use.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

Board footer