You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-10 01:37:17

ShadowKyogre
Website

More stuff related to my ArchSE project

So I've kicked it up again with the ArchSE (SE = Satanic Edition in this case). To catch up on what I've done so far, here's some links:

A wallpaper pack from who knows how long ago: http://shadowkyogre.deviantart.com/art/ … -120079681
Some color schemes: http://shadowkyogre.deviantart.com/art/ … -120162697 I'm thinking that the official color scheme for this would have to be dark grey/black + red since that's the polar opposite of Arch Linux's

A PekWM theme that fits the monochromic red scheme of the color scheme pack: http://shadowkyogre.deviantart.com/art/ … -155198688
There's also going to be another PekWM theme that fits the monochromic purple theme of the pack (it's done, but I need to de-saturate the frame a bit).

Vector traced logo (this is my first time using Inkscape) : http://omploader.org/vM3NkeQ/archselogo.svg (the thumbnail of this lies)

Possible bases for upcoming wallpapers:
tM3NlMA This could make for a nice magic circle effect with either pacman or the logo rising out of it after some recoloring.
tM3NlMw When recolored, it might look like 6 of Arch Linux's logos with three skulls near the center.
tM3NlYg  Not sure what I could make out of this relating to Arch Linux.
tM3NlYw Same here, not sure either.

For every problem, there is a solution that is:
Clean
Simple and most of all...wrong!
Github page

#2 2010-03-10 01:46:09

CountDuckula

Re: More stuff related to my ArchSE project

It needs more fire and brimstone. And are we going to see Christian, Muslim and Martian editions too...

#3 2010-03-10 01:48:23

ShadowKyogre
Website

CountDuckula wrote:

It needs more fire and brimstone. And are we going to see Christian, Muslim and Martian editions too...

Definitely. I'll need to look up some stock photos for those. As for the other editions, I guess that depends on if anyone decides to do so (which I haven't seen any ideas for yet).

Clean
Github page

#4 2010-03-10 03:25:45

smakked

Not real evil looking for satanic edition, maybe some more pentagrams and goats heads and all the good stuff smile

Certified Android Junkie
Arch 64

#5 2010-03-10 08:52:48

toad
Website

Hm, I remember the ubuntuSE version which I thought pretty attractive. I actually downloaded the usplash, kdm and ksplash themes smile That was what, five years ago?

Apart from that I checked your website and saw some interesting musings re philosophy and belief systems. Me wonders how they could be built into a linux edition to make it more than "just a theme"...

never trust a toad...
::Grateful ArchDonor::
::Grateful Wikipedia Donor::

#6 2010-03-10 09:52:29

CountDuckula

toad wrote:

Me wonders how they could be built into a linux edition to make it more than "just a theme"...

I suppose you could rebuild the kernel to do some evil things.

#7 2010-03-10 09:54:26

toad
Website

lol

Last edited by toad (2010-03-10 09:55:07)

never trust a toad...
::Grateful ArchDonor::
::Grateful Wikipedia Donor::

#8 2010-03-10 10:17:54

KimTjik

I never understood the point of these themed versions, but it's a free choice. Hence a suggestion for evil behaviour: reverse any defined preferences, like emacs becoming vim and vice versa, US keyboard defaults to German layout, metal fans are greeted by greatest hits of David Hasselhoff (actually it doesn't matter what music you prefer it would still be tormenting).

It's a bit like a distro I noticed yesterday: Puppy Linux Quirky, being just that, quirky.

#9 2010-03-13 23:57:29

ShadowKyogre
Website

KimTjik wrote:

I never understood the point of these themed versions, but it's a free choice. Hence a suggestion for evil behaviour: reverse any defined preferences, like emacs becoming vim and vice versa, US keyboard defaults to German layout, metal fans are greeted by greatest hits of David Hasselhoff (actually it doesn't matter what music you prefer it would still be tormenting).

It's a bit like a distro I noticed yesterday: Puppy Linux Quirky, being just that, quirky.

Link?

CountDuckula wrote:
toad wrote:

Me wonders how they could be built into a linux edition to make it more than "just a theme"...

I suppose you could rebuild the kernel to do some evil things.

Or edit the default bash aliases so the commands are different from what you actually type.

smakked wrote:

Not real evil looking for satanic edition, maybe some more pentagrams and goats heads and all the good stuff smile

Yup. I still need to make wallpapers involving goat heads.

Clean
Github page

#10 2010-03-14 10:58:37

KimTjik

If you by "link?" refer to PuppyLinux Quirky: http://puppylinux.org/wikka/Quirky

Board footer