You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-12 08:02:36

iamsmrt

Writing a HAL policy for Logitech Mouse

I've got a Logitech VX Revolution connected to my laptop that I'd like to take full advantage of (additional buttons, sensitivity settings, etc) and have come to the conclusion that I have to write a HAL policy file for it. I've edited my synaptics fdi file before and know that you have to have matching keys for the device and then you can edit the options with "merge keys". My question is, since I'm writing this from scratch, how do I find the necessary values of the "match keys" and what all the possible options are of "merge keys"?

-SMRT

EDIT: Ok did a bit more research, tell me if I'm wrong:

I would some of these values acquired from hal-device for my matching keys:

udi = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_46d_c521_noserial_if0_logicaldev_input'
  info.capabilities = {'input', 'input.mouse'} (string list)
  info.category = 'input'  (string)
  info.parent = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_46d_c521_noserial_if0'  (string)
  info.product = 'Logitech USB Receiver'  (string)
  info.subsystem = 'input'  (string)
  info.udi = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_46d_c521_noserial_if0_logicaldev_input'  (string)
  input.device = '/dev/input/event8'  (string)
  input.originating_device = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_46d_c521_noserial_if0'  (string)
  input.product = 'Logitech USB Receiver'  (string)
  input.x11_driver = 'evdev'  (string)
  linux.device_file = '/dev/input/event8'  (string)
  linux.hotplug_type = 2  (0x2)  (int)
  linux.subsystem = 'input'  (string)
  linux.sysfs_path = '/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.0/usb2/2-2/2-2:1.0/input/input11/event8'  (string)

And these options http://linux.die.net/man/4/mousedrv for my "merge keys" with the format "input.x11_options.<option>"?

EDIT #2: I made the rule but my mouse doesn't seem to be taking the resolution/sensitivity options. I've tried everything ranging from 100 - 1000 for Resolution and 1-10 for sensitivity but nothing seems to work. On one hand with the rule my mouse speed has increased. On the other hand, I can't change it.

Last edited by iamsmrt (2010-03-12 16:08:54)

Board footer