You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-13 09:44:04

ancient_archer

problems with jfs, opera, volume levels

Hello there! smile

I am a newbie in Archlinux, though not a newbie in Linux at general smile

I find Linux pretty cool, cause it has rolling updates which is quite cool and some applications like Krusader run really much faster than in other distro. However, there are some annoying problems I encountered:

1) I cannot install JFS on my computer. During the installation, I run into conflict with between I think something like linux-headers and something like e2tools (I guess)? And I caanot uninstall either of them since it would probably do much harm... So, how can I solve this conflict and install JFS system?

2) I've got 2 problems in Opera. First of all, it would be necessary to say that I copied .opera directory from my previous distribution, Mepis Linux. Though I don't know whether it is connected with that, after some time fonts in Opera get like this: th.55c3e79995.png How do I solve this?

3) Another problem with Opera: If I print from the Opera, the text appears very strange. The letters are glued together, space between words are irregular and the ends of the words are even not printed. Something similar does not happen in Firefox. Any ideas how to fix it?

4) How do I make the volume levels to be exactly the same as when I turned my PC off? Because my volume is alwys high when I log into GNOME.

Btw, I use GNOME.

Thank you very much. I would appreciate any comments, suggestions etc. wink

Last edited by ancient_archer (2010-03-13 10:19:06)

#2 2010-03-13 10:47:38

fumbles

Re: problems with jfs, opera, volume levels

4) put alsa in rc.conf under DAEMONS
2) you need to install more fonts: try ttf-ms-fonts or ttf-freefont
1) Is core/jfsutils properly installed?

#3 2010-03-13 12:58:14

ancient_archer

Re: problems with jfs, opera, volume levels

Hello fumbles!

Thank you very much for your answer. I appreciate it a lot.

However, as for:

4) alsa is already there among the daemons

2) I have those fonts already installed and normally, Opera looks looks normally which is fine but after some time it turns into fonts in the previous image. I really don't like it because it's annoying and I have to restart Opera to have the normal fonts back again. I even tried uninstalling Opera via yaourt -R opera, deleting .opera folder and then reinstalling the Opera with yaourt -S opera.

1) Problem is that jfsutils depend on e2tools or how it is called but at the same time e2tools conflict with linux-headers and I cannot delete any of these packages

But again, thank you

Last edited by ancient_archer (2010-03-13 13:29:04)

Board footer