You are not logged in.

#1 2005-01-19 12:54:41

IceRAM
Website

mozilla-firefox 1.0-*2*

I'd like to know a way of making this firefox build to open links in new tabs permanently (setting to be preserved during upgrades). The old build had the mozilla-firefox script where I had to comment a line, uncomment another and got my desired behaviour, at lease until the next upgrade.

Things have changed now: Firefox doesn't open in new tabs, Firefox doesn't open in new windows, Firefox opens in the last active tab (replacing the content) the desired url.

I think this should be done somewhere at the /opt/mozilla/bin/firefox script level. Why so? I've noticed that the new package introduced a mozilla-firefox.desktop file, which calls firefox directly. Taking into account that this file is used by the Desktop Environments, I think the package should not require the user to alter it.

#2 2005-01-19 14:06:04

IceRAM
Website

Re: mozilla-firefox 1.0-*2*

One more detail:
The mozilla-firefox.desktop file should contain one more line:

StartupNotify=false

because startup notification does not behave the right way (at least under KDE). The "loading virtual task" appearing in the taskbar stays longer and it is not replaced by the currently opened Firefox window (dissapears after some time though). This might also occur because Firefox opens quite fast on my computer.

#3 2005-01-19 18:16:20

woodstock

Re: mozilla-firefox 1.0-*2*

You can submit that as a bug report. From what I understand many of the dev's don't frequent the forums to often.

Good suggestion though, I don't use KDE so I didn't notice that glitch.

-- woodstock

Board footer