You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-16 22:08:56

kosmiciatakuja

Serial wacom users, please read! Or if you know where to find udev.c

With the latest update to linuxwacom package from AUR my serial wacom tablet stopped working. Looks like the package is greatly changed and now the main Xorg driver is in xf86-input-wacom package, which became a dependency. I installed everything but it caused problems for me. The tablet stopped working.
There is an error in Xorg.log and the wacom module gets unloaded. The error by the way is like "stylus: unable to read ISDV4 % data after 3 tries at (38400)"

Anyway, if you have a serial wacom tablet and you know how to get it to work, please let me know. If you have one but it doesn't work, maybe we can join forces in this thread.

I found some traces of similar problems in Debian, they say that the current udev driver (whatever they mean by it) doesn't support serial wacom tablets. See bug here: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=568236

There is a patch to fix the udev.c file and maybe it would. However, when I checked out the PKGBUILD and tarball for xorg-server package from Arch, downloaded and extracted sources with 'makepkg -o' - turns out there is no udev.c file in those sources. So I'm kinda stuck, and I have no idea how to apply the patch because I can't find the file smile

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks

#2 2010-03-16 22:39:30

kosmiciatakuja

Re: Serial wacom users, please read! Or if you know where to find udev.c

Something to consider as well - there is a brilliant blog post explaining this whole wacom serial problem in latest drivers. You can read it here: http://codelab.wordpress.com/tag/linuxwacom/
This guy has don a huge job in porting the old serial code to the latest drivers. I even made a quick PKGBUILD to include the patch, however Xorg in Arch fails to load the driver. The error is now "dlopen: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/wacom_drv.so: undefined symbol: gWacomSerialDevice" in Xorg.log

Unfortunately I don't have enough coding experience to track this down in the sources sad
Maybe I'll post a comment on that blog though

Board footer