You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-17 07:42:27

justaleaf

LXDE not loading GTK themes?

So, I tried using xmonad and decided it wasn't for me and downloaded everything I needed for LXDE (non-aur).

Everything is working fine EXCEPT, LXDE/PCmanFM are not using the GTK themes I specify in the LXappearance. I don't know what would cause it to behave that way...

But, fwiw, I had pcman installed previously when I was trying xmonad. I had no gtk themes or switchers installed at the time and all I did was install the tango icon theme to get icons in pcman.

Any idea why the gtk theme isn't loading?

*UPDATE*: Additional information: LXAppearance is overwriting .gtkrc-2.0 without a problem. However, gtk doesn't seem to care what's in that file.

I have installed gnome terminal and gedit on my system which pulled gnome-panel and gnome session manager as dependencies... I think. I don't know if that could have affected something in this regard.

Last edited by justaleaf (2010-03-17 08:10:43)

#2 2010-03-17 11:50:17

YZMSQ

Re: LXDE not loading GTK themes?

Hi,justaleaf:
I had the same problem as you when I was involved in LXDE at first,but soon I found gtk-theme-switch2 could help me to tackle it,which is a small program that could switch GTK theme and font easily.And so,you might install that via arch repo,and type "switch2" in terminal.:)
I hope my words could help you.:)

Last edited by YZMSQ (2010-03-17 11:53:20)

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper
                            -------T·S·Eliot

#3 2010-03-17 12:04:00

justaleaf

This seems to be my problem:

http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/17876

The problem is... why can't I find the lxsession-lite-0.4.1-1 in the repos (including AUR)?  I guess it hasn't come out yet even though the issue was closed =/....

http://oswatershed.org/pkg/lxsession-lite <---- shows current pkg for arch at 0.4.2... what am I missing here o.O. Whenever I look it up it's showing up at 0.3.8-1

#4 2010-03-17 12:06:02

justaleaf

YZMSQ wrote:

Hi,justaleaf:
I had the same problem as you when I was involved in LXDE at first,but soon I found gtk-theme-switch2 could help me to tackle it,which is a small program that could switch GTK theme and font easily.And so,you might install that via arch repo,and type "switch2" in terminal.:)
I hope my words could help you.:)

I haven't tried this yet, though I'm sure it works fine. I'm more troubled by the fact that I should have a newer version of this pkg and it's not showing up for me. I'd rather fix the problem than work around it with different software (but if I can't... not much I can do about that!)

#5 2010-03-17 12:52:13

justaleaf

http://repos.archlinux.org/wsvn/package … ra-x86_64/

Well, I thought I could just grab this pkgbuild and be on my way. But when I tried to install it, I got dependency issues and a conflict with lxde-settings-daemon... which apparently is being merged, or something.

I only succeeding in confusing myself, however, not resolving the issue.

#6 2010-03-17 15:22:41

tlaloc

The current version of lxsession-lite is 0.4.2-1. You may have made a partial upgrade (bad idea), or maybe you are using an outdated mirror.

#7 2010-03-17 20:44:12

justaleaf

That's most likely the case =/.  I'm going to look at my mirrorlist and see if I can find an up-to-date version.

Thanks for the feedback.

Board footer