You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-19 01:11:53

Ethan Spitz

Locking up after closing out a second X server

Hi,

When I run a another program (Urban Terror) in a second X server, it runs perfectly fine, but when it comes time to closing it, I can either close it properly, or use ctrl+alt+backspace.

Either way I do it, it brings me to just a black screen, and then nothing...it just sits there.

The keyboard won't work to switch to the original server either.

Something I noticed that happens is that if I press caps lock/num lock the green led does not light up in these cases where it should normally glow.

Does anyone know how to fix this so when I close the last program/terminate all programs in the second x server that it will return to the first x server?

Thanks,
Ethan

#2 2010-03-19 10:00:09

Odysseus

Re: Locking up after closing out a second X server

How exactly are you starting the second X server?  I can do something like "startx -- :1" which brings up a second copy of my normal desktop environment.  After exiting the second I come back to the first.

I'm the type to fling myself headlong through the magical wardrobe, and then incinerate the ornate mahogany portal behind me with a Molotov cocktail.

#3 2010-03-19 10:54:35

Ethan Spitz

Re: Locking up after closing out a second X server

I used a sh script to start it up:

#!/bin/bash  
DISPLAY=:1.0
xinit /home/ethan/UrbanTerror/ioUrbanTerror.i386 $* -- :1

I think that is it, I am typing that out of my head since I am at a different computer currently (blackberry)

Hope that helps,
Ethan

Board footer