You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-22 23:48:00

drugcpp

[SOLVED] Configure Lock Screen

I've searched all day and I can't find how I can configure the Lock Screen. I want to change the theme and background. First I tried the instructions from here: http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/ … tent=99783 It didn't help, nothing changed. I have a couple of /usr/share/gnome-screensaver/arc-colors-*_lock-dialogue/ directories downloaded from the link above.

Then I've tried gnome-lock-dialog-preferences from AUR, it didn't see my lock screen themes and I didn't figure out how to add them. There was only the default one there.

For now I have the default annoying green background.

I have no idea what to search for now...:/

EDIT: What a shame, I forgot to mention that I have gnome.

Last edited by drugcpp (2010-03-24 11:48:42)

#2 2010-03-24 11:20:53

drugcpp

Re: [SOLVED] Configure Lock Screen

It's like no one knows the answer? No one on Arch+Gnome ever wanted to change the lock screen?  sad

#3 2010-03-24 11:28:47

moljac024

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#4 2010-03-24 11:48:13

drugcpp

How funny, I found this post by myself, everything worked for me. So I entered here to mark the thread as SOLVED and I saw your post. Thank you!

I realize now that it is possible to change background only. The lock box itself seems unchangable. Same with GDM -- you can change the background but not the login box itself, so themes don't work. It doesn't really matter to me though.

#5 2010-04-04 15:36:45

Axis

drugcpp wrote:

How funny, I found this post by myself, everything worked for me. So I entered here to mark the thread as SOLVED and I saw your post. Thank you!

I realize now that it is possible to change background only. The lock box itself seems unchangable. Same with GDM -- you can change the background but not the login box itself, so themes don't work. It doesn't really matter to me though.

You can change the theme for GDM/Lockscreen. Here are the instructions:

1. Logout of your current session and return to the GDM
2. Switch to the tty command line prompt using Ctrl-Alt-F1
3. Login using your normal login/password
4. at the command line prompt type: export DISPLAY=:0.0
5. then type: sudo -u gdm gnome-control-center
6. Switch back to the gdm screen using Ctrl+ALT+F7
7. The gnome-control-center should be loaded. Use it to configure your GDM.
8. Click on the Appearances icon, in appearances you can change your GDM's font, theme and background image.
9. Close the gnome-control-center and login normally.

http://lionlix.wordpress.com/2009/10/23 … in-screen/

In one instance I had to press CTRL+ALT+F8 to get back to GDM. But this worked for me.

Last edited by Axis (2010-04-04 15:37:32)

Board footer