You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-23 18:28:57

algorythm

[Solved] Disabling KDE "usage" log in tty when using xinit?

So my case is that I start KDE(mod) with xinit (no login managers) but the tty in which I auto-execute the "xinit" command from gets a huge log of all the bull*hit that's happening in KDE.

So is there like any --no-log parameters for xinit or KDE neutral?

Last edited by algorythm (2010-03-26 14:30:40)

“Talent you can bloom. Instinct you can polish.”  — Haikyuu!! (adapted)
“If everybody thought alike, no one would be thinking very much.”  — Walter Lippmann (adapted)
“The important thing is to be able, at any moment, to sacrifice what we are for what we could become.”  — Charles Dubois

#2 2010-03-23 18:36:06

Pierre
Developer
Website

Re: [Solved] Disabling KDE "usage" log in tty when using xinit?

Afaik this is the result of the debug build that Chakra uses. No ide how to disable this at runtime but now you have another word to search for. :-)

#3 2010-03-23 19:00:42

algorythm

Thanks for your response, much appreaciate wink. But if you mean the "-debug packages", no this is not. Either way this also happens (and it supposed to by default) with vanilla KDE. This just the same kinda log you get when e.g. running "dolphin" or "kate" in terminal, you know?

But the problem is that those messages are only meant for the kde devs and I couldn't care less of seeing all that output myself.. in fact not with any kde app I run from terminal.

Last edited by algorythm (2010-03-23 19:04:46)

“If everybody thought alike, no one would be thinking very much.”  — Walter Lippmann (adapted)
“The important thing is to be able, at any moment, to sacrifice what we are for what we could become.”  — Charles Dubois

#4 2010-03-24 13:39:40

g2g591

could just redirect the output to /dev/null,

xinit >/dev/null

if that doesn't work, try adding 2>&1 to the end of it

xinit >/dev/null 2>&1

although if for some reason  an error occurred it wouldn't appear if you had to add 2>&1 .

#5 2010-03-26 14:30:28

algorythm

K, sweet, thanks. hmm

Board footer