You are not logged in.

#1 2003-08-11 05:09:05

contrasutra
Member
From: New Jersey
Registered: 2003-07-26
Posts: 507

GIMP Dev version

So i've had to use prebuilt binaries of the Developers version of the GIMP for a while because of some GCC3.3 problem with it.

But 1.3.18 came out, and it seems to build fine with the old (1.2) PKGBUILD.

Ive got dialup, so I dont really feel like submitting a 10MB package to /incoming, but I figured Id give everyone a heads up.

And if you haven't tried the developers version of GIMP, its really great, and very stable right now.


And if you have had no problems building the dev versions, please dont rub it in. wink


"Contrary to popular belief, penguins are not the salvation of modern technology.  Neither do they throw parties for the urban proletariat."

Offline

#2 2003-08-11 05:20:28

sarah31
Member
From: Middle of Canada
Registered: 2002-08-20
Posts: 2,975
Website

Re: GIMP Dev version

GIMP? whats GIMP?..... tongue


AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

Offline

#3 2003-08-11 09:30:57

neri
Forum Fellow
From: Victoria, Canada
Registered: 2003-05-04
Posts: 552

Re: GIMP Dev version

Hi,

contrasutra wrote:

So i've had to use prebuilt binaries of the Developers version of the GIMP for a while because of some GCC3.3 problem with it.

But 1.3.18 came out, and it seems to build fine with the old (1.2) PKGBUILD.

Well, my build faild according to a dependency to an unstable version of
freetype2 (probably cvs). I don't know if there was an GCC 3.3 issue, too.

contrasutra wrote:

Ive got dialup, so I dont really feel like submitting a 10MB package to /incoming, but I figured Id give everyone a heads up.

Well Im currently building it with the pyhton support enabled - I think
python is present on most of the desktops. It will be in incoming within the
next hours.

BTW, Gimp's configure script is testing for sse and it will find it on my
computers. Should this be forced to be disabled to make it running on
older machines? Actually I don't know if the binary then will do another
test but i can not test it here.

bye neri

Offline

#4 2003-08-11 11:06:56

neri
Forum Fellow
From: Victoria, Canada
Registered: 2003-05-04
Posts: 552

Re: GIMP Dev version

Hi again;

answering my own posts ... sweet schizophrenia

neri wrote:

Well Im currently building it with the pyhton support enabled - I think
python is present on most of the desktops. It will be in incoming within the
next hours.

Allright, it's up. For those who hate devel-versions:
   - there is a built in gif-export, without patents (note, I let the default
      lzw-compresson enabled, this is legal as long as the package is
      provided [and used roll]in North America -- not in Europe)
   - Finally, there are brush-shaped cursors, yeah

neri wrote:

BTW, Gimp's configure script is testing for sse and it will find it on my
computers. Should this be forced to be disabled to make it running on
older machines? Actually I don't know if the binary then will do another
test but i can not test it here.

The docs say, there is an detection of cpu-features at runtime, so it shouldn't
be a problem.

bye neri

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB