You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-30 16:54:38

Dawei87

[SOLVED] acpi-eeepc-generic not reading all key presses

so i have arch installed on my asus eeepc 1005HA and went with a standalone openbox setup. the problem is, i cant seem to get all of my function keys to work. i installed acpi-eeepc-generic, and i followed all the guides to set it up. some buttons work, and even show me a nice little notification when pressed. the ones that work are sleep, brightness, numLK, scrLK, home/end/page up/page down. but for some reason the button to enable/disable touchpad, wireless, and volume keys will not work, they dont perform the intended action nor do they give a popup saying they have been pressed. i think this may be the only issue that needs to be resolved for me, so does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited by Dawei87 (2010-03-30 20:16:04)

#2 2010-03-30 19:11:54

resi

Re: [SOLVED] acpi-eeepc-generic not reading all key presses

Hi,

there are configuration files for every model in /etc/acpi/eeepc/models that define the keycodes for the supported ACPI functions. The model specific part of the filename is determined with:

dmidecode -s system-product-name | sed 's/[ \t]*$//'

You can watch the output of acpi_listen to see the keycodes actually produced and update the config file as needed.

#3 2010-03-30 19:18:06

Dawei87

thanks for the tip about acpi_listen! i never knew how to do that before. unfortunately, acpi_listen isnt registering that i press anything as well. it does read the working function keys such as brightness, but it just wont read the volume touchpad or wireless. im at a loss now, i have the proper model specified in the config so i cant figure out why a few keys refuse to work

#4 2010-03-30 19:48:25

resi

AFAIK the eeepc_laptop module is involved there, did you check whether its loaded?
Which kernel are you using?

I just checked my grub config, I have a acpi_osi=Linux kernel parameter, maybe you can try that.

#5 2010-03-30 20:10:20

Dawei87

thank you so much! i could have sworn i had done that, but it turns out i accidently added that kernel parameter to the fallback boot line (i feel like an idiot). adding acpi_osi=Linux to the proper line fixed my problems. thanks again for the help!

Board footer