You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-02 10:36:01

habbe

X61s users

I though it would be nice to a have a one thread for one specific laptop. Is your system perfect? What is not working? Others could have the same problem, maybe they fixed it already.

I usually have the backlight at 30% (a few clicks above the minimum), using gnome+compiz, my power usage is 12-13 watts with wlan on and surfing with firefox, this means a bit less than 2 hours on the 4-cell battery.

With wlan off and browsing pdf:s I get  around 2h20min with the aforementioned battery.

Suspend seems to work perfectly, although I've had problems with double-suspension.

MY PROBLEM: screen goes blank after 10 minutes of inactivity. I don't have gnome-screensaver and the settings of gnome-power-manager are such that this should not happen. Anyone else have the same problem?

Now something has happened with the latest updates, because as the screen goes blank, THE WHOLE SYSTEM FREEZES. The only thing I can do is to press and hold the power button. This is quite serious...

Everything else seems to work.

#2 2010-04-02 18:50:49

hw-tph

Re: X61s users

I'd say add some more information and make it a wiki page instead of littering the forum with threads for each and every laptop out there. Sounds fair?

#3 2010-04-14 13:08:45

demian

Re: X61s users

I'd think it useful to have a discussion at the forums before creating a wiki article. But to address the issue of habbe, you should check out dpms. xset s off -dpms should fix your problem.

no place like /home
github

Board footer