You are not logged in.
Hey all. Since a recent update, Audacious has stopped working. It can't start and tells me there is a segmentation fault. I've traced the error back to the skinned interface, because when I try to run it with the gtk interface, the player works well.
However, I thought I'd take this opportunity to look at some alternatives. I have a couple of .pls files laying around that have information in them about certain online radio streams. I'm looking for a nice lightweight app that can play these files. I was hoping someone could give me a good tip on what program would be suited for this.
![]()
Offline
Music On Console
http://moc.daper.net/
pacman -Si moc
Offline
MPD would also be great for this.
Offline
Offline
I second the mpd suggestion. Its stable and light on resources also.
Offline
I'm now playing with MOC. It's different than what I'm used to, but so far I really like what I see. Clementine is far from anything I want to have, it is an entire library program. All I am looking for is a simple program that plays my web stream (as stated in the OP)
I've looked at MPD before, I'm planning on using it when I get my local music collection sorted. Right now all I'm listening to is online radio.
![]()
Offline
moc and mpd are both great.
Just pick one and have fun ![]()
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...
Offline
like previously mentioned, mpd (mpc, ncmpcpp) is the bees knees
Offline