You are not logged in.

#1 2005-01-26 14:34:00

luisfelipe

[NEW] lxdvdrip and its dependencies (lots of dvd stuff)

Hi,

I just made a package for lxdvdrip (which is a console program that makes it alot easier to rip and burn dvds), and in the process I've made some other packages that are dependencies of it :
* dvdauthor
* dvdwizard
* streamdvd
* toolame

Also, I've made a package for mpgtx, but I have made it conflict with lxdvdrip because there is a binary version of it that comes with lxdvdrip, and this binary version is somewhat modified to work better with lxdvdrip.

My repository is available by adding the following lines to your /etc/pacman.conf :

[vapor]
Server = http://atum.lab.ic.unicamp.br/~lfelipe/arch/vapor/

And the PKGBUILDs are available there too, if you would like to take a look at them.

#2 2005-05-23 07:50:01

Father

Re: [NEW] lxdvdrip and its dependencies (lots of dvd stuff)

probably not the best place to ask.. but..

are any of these capable of backing up dvds, including the menus!! with compression from 8 gig down to ~4.2gig?

ive been looking at the web pages of some of these apps but they only mention dvd creation, not dvd cloning..
and the ones that do mention `cloning' only clone the main track and audio, ie not a ~1:1 clone (with compression obviously)

i _really_ want to use linux to do this, instead of encore in windows.. (its huge!) and dvdshrink

thanks

[edit] FYI, using the PKGBULD for dvdwizard gives an invalid file, it appears the url is no longer valid and its dl a 404.. im not sure if theres another homepage for it, but itd be great if you didnt remove this package from your repository for a while! [/edit]

[edit] lxdvdrip is also at ver 1.45 now

heres a (barely) modified PKGBUILD for it

pkgname=lxdvdrip
pkgver=1.45
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="lxdvdrip is able to rip a DVD title or chapters, reauthor the files to a DVD-Structure, preview the Files and burn to a DVD+/-R"
url="http://openfacts.berlios.de/index-en.phtml?title=lxdvdrip"
license=""
depends=('dvdauthor' 'mplayer' 'dvd+rw-tools' 'streamdvd' 'transcode' 'dvdbackup' 'dvdwizard')
makedepends=()
conflicts=('mpgtx')
replaces=()
backup=()
install=
source=(http://download.berlios.de/lxdvdrip/$pkgname-$pkgver.tgz)
md5sums=('0a25a918660cc4d0f9ee198496ab6846')

build() {
  cd $startdir/src/$pkgname
  make || return 1
  mkdir -p $startdir/pkg/usr/bin
  mkdir -p $startdir/pkg/etc
  make INSTALLDIR=$startdir/pkg/usr/ install
  cp doc-pak/lxdvdrip.conf.EN $startdir/pkg/etc
  cd vamps
  make || return 1
  cp vamps $startdir/pkg/usr/bin
  cd ..
  cp mpgtx/mpgtx $startdir/pkg/usr/bin
}

also, youre original PKGBUILD had an error and all of the lxdvdrip binaries were being copied into a _file_ called /usr/bin instead of a directory /usr/bin/

[/edit]

#3 2005-05-23 17:54:16

luisfelipe

Thanks man smile

But actually, I'm not using Arch anymore, so I won't be maintaining these packages. If you would like to, feel free to maintain them yourself.

I still haven't found any programs that do what you asked. There's one I just found called ldvd , but it appears to just rip one sound track and one subtitle of your choice, nothing more.

If you find anything, please post here.

#4 2005-06-13 15:53:42

Father

ive put these packages on the AUR

#5 2005-06-13 19:43:57

luisfelipe

Take a look at ldvd later.
Dunno if you posted it on AUR, but it's a good program after all.
You can select more than one soundtrack and more than one subtitle (yeah, I hadn't used it yet when I made the last post).

#6 2005-06-14 05:30:01

Father

yeah i noticed those features.. but it still cant select multiple video streams.. ie, it wont rip the menus!
it still rips only the main title.. which is just the same as all other dvd backup programs.. and i think when i used it i noticed the image shaking slightly.. i believe the quality was < dvdshrink (for windows)

i really wish someone would make a dvdshrink clone for linux..
hopefully ldvd is heading in that direction.. but it needs ALOT of cleaning up.. its still.. very clearly.. in an early stage of development

Board footer