You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-04 15:27:30

perseus

gimp missing Pointer Coordinates / Units Menu / Zoom Button?

I don't run gnome or any other DE - just Icewm - so I suppose that this issue may be related to that.  I have noticed, however, that since last I used gimp (a week or so ago), my image windows have lost the Pointer Coordinates indicator and the Units Menu and Zoom Button combo-boxes (items 6, 7 and 8 here:  http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-image-window.html).

Starting gimp from an xterm throws up some warnings :

/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/help-browser: error while loading shared libraries: libwebkit-1.0.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(gimp:5985): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: gimp: gimp_wire_read(): error

(gimp:5985): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_container_remove: assertion `GTK_IS_TOOLBAR (container) || widget->parent == GTK_WIDGET (container)' failed

(gimp:5985): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to add a widget with type GtkHBox to a GtkFrame, but as a GtkBin subclass a GtkFrame can only contain one widget at a time; it already contains a widget of type GtkHBox

(gimp:5985): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_box_pack: assertion `child->parent == NULL' failed

I think that the first of those is harmless, but I am wondering if there is a clue in any of the others?

Does anybody else have this issue please?

TIA

#2 2010-04-04 21:00:33

perseus

Re: gimp missing Pointer Coordinates / Units Menu / Zoom Button?

Replying to my own post, presumably it is this :

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour … bug/542916

Quoting something which I found there :

According to Michael Natterer, the problem is due to use of a bleeding edge Gtk. From IRC:
<mitch> skyjumper: tell them they must patch gimp and some other apps wrt to GtkStatusbar if they really want to use gtk 2.20
<mitch> skyjumper: more seriously, it would help if you told them that the fix for the problem can be copied from gimp_statusbar_init() in app/display/gimpstatusbar.c in gimp git master
<mitch> skyjumper: they can fix all affected apps along these lines

nice sad

#3 2010-04-04 21:45:16

krfk

Exactly same issue here - after today's update of gtk from 2.18.9-2 to 2.20.0-1 my gimp lost these elements in the status bar. The error message I got with the same as yours, with the exception of first two lines (I do not get those).
Seems like there is already a fix (http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/18912), hopefully we only need to wait for it to be implemented.

#4 2010-04-04 22:56:22

perseus

Thanks for that krfk ...... I should have checked the bugs first.

#5 2010-04-05 08:49:43

farvardin
Website

How ironic when we have in mind that GTK means "GIMP Toolkit"...

Board footer