You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-06 16:37:22

Fil Rouge

[SOLVED] ASUS F8Va crash after standby

hello.
It's my first post on this Archlinux forum. In comparison your forum is much more complete than an other. So I make effort to write english (excuse me for my poor English skills).

So, when I use my pc, sometimes I put it in standby and when I turn it back, still no problem. But in that case if I want it back again in standby or even turn it off, it crashes every time.
I read log files, I search on many forum or many tutorial but I haven't find results on it. I just don't know where I can search informations.

I hope you can help, I'm open to any thing : other wiki, tutorial...
I wish you a good evening (in point of view of my time zone)

Last edited by Fil Rouge (2010-04-17 15:00:59)

I've a poor English skills, please not write in SMS style, even I like Arch and I still make efforts to understand.

#2 2010-04-06 18:10:18

pyther
Website

Re: [SOLVED] ASUS F8Va crash after standby

This might be worth posting to the kernel bug tracker. How does you machine crash? Kernel panic, freeze, no video?

Website - Blog - arch-home
Arch User since March 2005

#3 2010-04-08 18:47:58

Fil Rouge

hello

It's a kernel panic.
I find a problem with ASUS EEPC, the problem was with pm-utils and put it in kernel panic. But it concerned the standby in general, not after one out of standby
I still search, but for the moment, I work on iptables (I learn and it takes time) and in view of the start-up of my pc on Arch, it's not a very disturbing problem.

I've a poor English skills, please not write in SMS style, even I like Arch and I still make efforts to understand.

#4 2010-04-08 19:15:01

Coacher

Hi. I have the same model of notebook. How do you put your machine to suspend?

# pm-suspend

works fine at mine

#5 2010-04-17 14:15:43

Fil Rouge

Hi,

I reconfigure to suspend my pc with sudo instead of hal method and that works. For me that changes nothing (I find it no more difficult but for my friends it's not the same thing big_smile), so I consider the problem solved.
Even I will try again with the hal method.

Thank you for your help.

Board footer