You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-07 07:26:07

Mustard
Website

[Solved] Compiz standalone, with lxpanel how to logout?

I've got compiz running as a standalone WM (Emerald window decorations), and I'm using lxpanel on the bottom of the screen with tint2 on the top of the screen.

The issue I am stuck on atm, is how to edit the lxpanel menu so that I can logout/quit from compiz, and get back to tty1 (which is where I login from and startx), via the lxpanel menu?

I am getting a 'failed to find child process 'logout'' error when I use the logout button on the lxpanel menu.

Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated.

Atm I using ctrl+alt+f1 to get to tty1 and then using ctrl+c to quit X.  Which is a little cumbersome.

Currently my config file for lxpanel look like this...

[random@myhost default]$ cat config
[Command]
FileManager=thunar %s
Terminal=lxterminal
Logout=logout

Last edited by Mustard (2010-04-09 01:29:02)

#2 2010-04-07 07:47:35

Mustard
Website

Re: [Solved] Compiz standalone, with lxpanel how to logout?

Hmmm..writing the problem down seems to have focused my mind on the issue.  I've found a workable solution upon examining the options in the compiz-fusion-icon in the system tray.  I can choose 'Quit'.

I guess it would be interesting to still get it working in the lxpanel menu though too.

#3 2010-04-07 07:55:25

my0pic

Re: [Solved] Compiz standalone, with lxpanel how to logout?

If you start compiz with fusion-icon, right click on fusion icon and select exit (I assume lxpanel has a system tray and fusion-icon appears there).
Else if you use compiz --replace

ps aux | grep -v grep | grep '[c]ompiz --replace' | awk '{printf $2" "}' | xargs kill -9

will quit compiz.
Use in a terminal but best in a script to log off your session along with any other apps you may have started.
Here's mine for example:

#!/bin/bash
# fusion logoff script
# Logoff session
ps aux | grep -v grep | grep [c]onky | awk '{printf $2" "}' | xargs kill -9
ps aux | grep -v grep | grep [n]m-applet | awk '{printf $2" "}' | xargs kill -9 &
ps aux | grep -v grep | grep [b]lueman-applet | awk '{printf $2" "}' | xargs kill -9 &
ps aux | grep -v grep | grep [o]bmixer | awk '{printf $2" "}' | xargs kill -9 &
#ps aux | grep -v grep | grep [f]usion-icon | awk '{printf $2" "}' | xargs kill -9 &
ps aux | grep -v grep | grep '[c]ompiz --replace' | awk '{printf $2" "}' | xargs kill -9 &
ps aux | grep -v grep | grep [b]mpanel | awk '{printf $2" "}' | xargs kill -9 &
exit

Board footer