You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-07 13:52:46

big_gie

Last page really slow to print

I'm using Arch on my server at work and on my laptop at home. On the server, since a couple of month users have been complaining that the last page of a document sent for printing was taking forever to print, even though the other pages were relatively fast.

I just unpacked my printer at home after moving and I hit the same thing. The second page of a 2 page document still hasn't printed after 10 minutes. The green light keeps blinking on the printer as if it was processing. Nothing fancy about the document, and many types of documents were printed in the office (scans, latex pdfs, etc.)

On my laptop cups is up to date (1.4.3-1). On the server I did not updated since the big cups change some weeks ago (1.4.2-3). On the laptop the printer is an HP LaserJet 1012 using the "HP LaserJet 1012 hpijs, 3.9.12" driver, and on the server it's an HP LaserJet 1320 with using driver "HP LaserJet 1320 hpijs, 3.9.8.36".

Both printers have a duplex system which is turned on.

As a workaround, 2 copies are printed and the printing is cancel when the first one finishes, or a blank page is added to the document to print so the printer gets stuck at it instead of the real last page...

Anyone have an idea what could be wrong???

Thanx!!

Board footer