You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-11 19:37:16

veverica

Antialiasing

Today I installed world of goo just to see how it is working with the open source driver( from the xf86-video-ati package ) and it works great, except one thing there is no antialiasing. I checked the config files and there is no option to turn it on or anything similiar.

So my question is there a global way to force antialiasing settings like there is for the propertary nvidia driver ( I know that because my desktop machine is using it )

I am planing to develop a similiar game ( similiar because it would use sdl + 2d opengl ) so I want to know if it would require a propertary driver on linux , please help big_smile

#2 2010-04-11 23:03:50

veverica

Re: Antialiasing

Ok, just now I installed neverball and neverput and I don't have anti-aliasing in neither of those games

Is it how it should be or am I missing something ?

#3 2010-04-12 00:11:56

quarkup
Website

maybe you should recheck your /etc/xorg.conf and the drivers (ati software and stuff - also check the wiki which is great)

If people do not believe that mathematics is simple, it is only because they do not realize how complicated life is.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

#4 2010-04-12 13:25:18

veverica

I checked everything, the radeon man page, the wiki page, the xorg wiki page but there isn't even a mention of some kind of options that could help me. neutral

With the propertary driver there is aticonfig that could set the antialiasing option, but i want to try the same thing with the open source one. I can't believe there is not antialiasing for such simple 2D drawing. ( should't compiz use it ?!? )

I would really appreciate it if someone with an open source ati driver checked if he can use antialiasing in simple games ?

Board footer