You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-11 21:25:13

schuschu

dm_crypt on kernel 2.6.33

Hello everybody!

Since the upgrade to 2.6.33 the free space on my encrypted home (encrypted partition using dm_crypt) keeps jumping up and down between whats really free and about zero.
The speed and length of the jumps depends on the amount of data written to the drive (it resets to the real free space and starts counting down, when I i.e. start a download it runns faster).

System is running on Archlinux (since 2.6.33 without testing, I was hoping it was lvm and devicemapper in testing but unfortunately it appears to be kernel related) 32bit on generic kernel.
All filesystems are ext4

greetings
schuschu

#2 2010-05-06 05:32:09

zippy

Re: dm_crypt on kernel 2.6.33

Wow, just noticed this myself. I was downloading a file and thunar kept jumping through different numbers of free space, up and down. I started to freak out a lil. This could have been happening for months and i wouldn't have noticed, i was just hapenning to jump though folders in thunar and started to see out of the corner of my eye wild fluctuations in size.

I have an encrypted lvm, on x86_64, with ext3. I'm running 2.6.33 with the ck patchset from AUR.

Any progress on tracking it down?

Board footer