You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-15 01:30:11

ConnorBehan
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

Gtk1 needed for Gtk2 smooth themes?

EDIT: I got sick of waiting for someone to verify that this is a bug and fixed it anyway. It wasn't too hard. The package is gtk2-smooth-engine in the AUR smile. The themes look a little different because the library doesn't have to fallback to gtk1 for anymore for stuff that it implemented poorly with gtk2.

===

In anticipation of xorg1.8 I'm trying to delete deprecated packages on my system. I just tried to delete gtk1 (which may be irresponsible since I'm supposed to maintain the gsview package) but nevertheless this made it impossible for me to use smooth themes. I know gtk-smooth-engines is linked against gtk1 so I tried to rebuild it.

The PKGBUILD runs two configure scripts... one for libsmooth and one for the themes. I changed both lines to say "--enable-gtk-2 --disable-gtk-1" and the build went just fine. But when I installed the package and switched to the "Delightfully Smooth" theme all GTK+ programs would fail to start with the line: libsmooth.so: undefined reference to symbol GTK_WIDGET_HAS_DEFAULT.

This was taken out of gtk2 recently. So does this just mean the developers of the smooth engine haven't been keeping up? And I need to patch their code to use stuff like gtk_widget_has_default lowercase instead?

I thought I would ask if someone has fixed this. If not, I'll gladly give it my best shot. Having to patch this is much better than using a package that tries to use gtk2 but ends up having to grab symbols from gtk1.

Last edited by ConnorBehan (2010-04-15 20:29:33)

6EA3 F3F3 B908 2632 A9CB E931 D53A 0445 B47A 0DAB
Great things come in tar.xz packages.

Board footer