You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-15 18:53:48

dafart

downgrade nvidia package including dependancies (xorg related e.a.)

I'm running archlinux as a media centre using xbmc.
I have a nvidia G220 graphics card and I'm using the HDMI connector for both video and audio to an onkyo receiver.
The latest (190.* and 195.*) versions of the nvidia linux drivers contain a bug that only allows stereo output and no output of 5.1 or 7.1 audio streams. The 185.* version of the driver however does not contain this bug.
So I'd like to downgrade my updated arch install to have the 185.* drivers.
I made several attempts (downgrading the kernel first, after that downgrading nvidia-utils and finally nvidia package but this results in a X crash)
So I thought it was related to an incompatible xorg version and downgraded xorg-server to an 1.6.* version but still the same crash. (with an

lpload: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.so: undefined symbol

error as described http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=87874here (except that's about intel).

So I would please like to know: is there an easy way to downgrade this particular nvidia package? Or was I close and do I need some other xorg related package that needs downgrading?

Or would the best way to deal with this be to in stall the nvidia binary driver? I did one attempts but it failed complaing about not finding kernel sources at the expected location (i did install the kernel headers for my 2.6.33 kernel however..)?

Thanks in advance for helping out.

Last edited by dafart (2010-04-15 19:01:34)

Board footer