You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-16 19:46:14

IgnisFatuus85

Corrupt directory ACLs

Hey all,

I am trying to figure out how to fix corrupt permissions on a directory.  Some quick background info:

Been trying to set acls on a directory to get my FTP server working the way I want.  Problem dir is actually the mount point for a reiser3 file system.  Successfully set and changed ACLs on this dir, and sub-dirs multiple times.  During one 'find ... -exec setfacl ...' op, the setfacl process locked up to the point that it could not even be killed by 'kill -9 [PID]', and the system was unable to shutdown / restart.  Had to hard power to get it back up again.

The current state is:

an 'ls -la' shows the dir as having no ACLs on it (even though they were there before the reboot).  Any attempt to run a getfacl, setfacl, or chmod against the dir will result in an "Input/Output error".  Can still chown the dir, but cannot change perms or ACLs.  Sub-dirs of the problem dir still have ACLs, and permission related operations can be run on them fine.  It's only the top lvl dir.

Have tried:

A full reiserfsck with --rebuild-tree on the filesystem
mounting in different location
setfacl -Rb on dir

Not really sure what else I can do.  Thought about moving everything into a different directory, recreating the dir and moving back in... Problem is the problem dir is the mountpoint for the root of a 2TB filesystem.  Would have to have another FS with enough space to copy everything to, then recreate the whole FS on the device.  Can probably find space for this if necessary, but would like this to be a last resort.

Also, (just to clarify,) when the filesystem is not mounted the dir that it is mounted to behaves perfectly fine.  The corrupt permissions are obviously those on the root of the filesystem being mounted.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Can provide any info needed for troubleshooting.

Thanks in advance!

- Ben

Board footer