You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-17 01:04:37

mapster

acer one w/ atheros chip drops out on "heavy" load

I've got a Acer Aspire One (model zg5) which has a AR5BXB63 chip and I'm running the ath5k driver. The connection constantly drops out when there's "heavy load", and by that I mean simple stuff as updating packages etc. I've tried swapping the ath5k driver with the older ath_pci, but that doesn't seem to work. It sets up the wifi0 device and the ath0 interface, but it's not possible to scan for accesspoints. Though I do remember that when I ran Ubuntu 8.04 (or maybe it was 8.10) about one year ago, I was able to use the ath_pci driver - which did fix the drop out problem.

I hope somebody can help me smile

I'm starting to get really frustrated over this.. I'm kinda sick and tired of having to constantly reconnect when updating the system or downloading something.

- mapster

#2 2010-04-17 01:39:28

mapster

Re: acer one w/ atheros chip drops out on "heavy" load

I found another thread on this subject, though there where no native soloutions, there was the ndiswrapper soloution and that seems to work just fine for me, so I'll use that for now. But if anybody has a soloution that does not include ndiswrapper I would be grateful smile

Board footer