You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-19 12:22:42

josh000

How can I get FireFox to behave?

Hi. I use Firefox, either with the inbuilt toolbar or tint2. I have been alternating recently before I settle on a style.

I am having a problem with Firefox. It just won't behave. It wont resize properly or precisely, and often will go below either the toolbar or tint2. If I maximize it it sometimes goes so I can't click the titlebar anymore, which means I can't easily restore the window. This is really frustrating.

I tested with other applications, abiword and epdfview, both of which also use gtk and they don't have this problem. Whenever I maximise them they never go below tint2 or the fluxbox toolbar or outside the screen, and I can resize them as precisely as I like. Even other applications like mplayer respect this.

So, why is Firefox the only application that acts like this? Is their any way to get Firefox to behave properly? Surely others have experienced what I have described, and perhaps some have come up with a solution that involes making firefox behave, as opposed to hiding the effects of firefox misbheaving.

Thanks

#2 2010-04-22 08:45:02

josh000

Re: How can I get FireFox to behave?

Really, no one has encountered this?

Board footer