You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-20 20:09:58

boced

Unusual problem with display

Hi Linuxers! cool

I installed Arch ( netinstall)  for about week ago and It works great! Everything started to work almost "out-of-box". I just had to install few things but I did it without any problems - just using wiki on this page

I installed gnome and gnome-extra ( or something like that - I do not remember exactly ) and, off course, nvdia driver from pacman ( I have GT320M ). On this lap top I have Ubuntu 9.04, too,  with installed nvidia driver downloaded from nVidia site.

Now... PROBLEM is next:

when I work on Arch, after few minutes, my eyes start to pain ( hurt ) me! I do not see anything strange, anything what is to much different than in Ubuntu but it's just hapening... I tried to change font, but it doesn't help! Refresh rate is 60Hz, resolution 1600x900 ( in NVIDIA X Server Settings ) Here is SS:
http://img220.imageshack.us/i/screenshotcn.png/

Does anyone have idea what is posible problem? Do you have same problem when watching my ScreenShoot?

#2 2010-04-20 21:22:39

falconindy
Developer
Website

Re: Unusual problem with display

You're being blinded by the awesome that is Arch Linux. Please wear sunglasses.

#3 2010-04-20 21:26:05

Cyrusm

probably the best solution would be to try a higher refresh rate, most monitors can support 75Hz or higher.  The higher the refresh rate, the lower the eye strain.

Last edited by Cyrusm (2010-04-20 21:28:07)

Hofstadter's Law:
           It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

#4 2010-04-21 01:30:37

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Perhaps the colour scheme as well (okay I admit it, I hate your colour scheme). Try a dark theme.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#5 2010-04-21 05:58:40

boced

@Cyrusm: It is lap top 17" monitor and in nvidia setting there is only 60hz and Auto options. I set it to 60 just like in Ubuntu.

@ngoonee: why do you hate color scheme, it's default Gnome there smile I tried allready change of theme, but problem is not solved...

Board footer