You are not logged in.

#1 2005-01-30 08:13:36

enigma

aMule 2.0.0rc8 problems

I hate to just be bitching, but I have some problems with the aMule package on pacman...

At first, I was really excited when I realized that a package for aMule had been added and that I could just use pacman to update it. However, once I actually tried using it, I found it extremely disappointing.

The first problem of course is that it is linked to GTK2 instead of GTK1, which the amule devs recommend due to memory consumtion problems with GTK2. I know it doesn't take up to much more memory on most systems, but unecessary slowdown is never a good thing.

I'm not sure what causes this other problem, but whenever I connect to a server with the amule package from pacman, I get a LowID error. Before the package was released, I compiled the normal package from the source along with wxGTK-2.4.2 and I always had a HighID. I even double checked my preferences to make sure they were the same as before (the right ports and everything) and I still got a LowID. Because of this, I could only connect to slower servers and nothing is downloading. Before, I easily had 5 or more files downloading at a time...

So, if somebody could please fix these problems or let me know if I should just keep installing amule from source, please let me know. Thank you.

#2 2005-01-30 08:20:38

sarah31
Website

Re: aMule 2.0.0rc8 problems

File a bug report it should get addressed faster than posting here (usually)

Also, I thought amule was a dead project....or was that one of the other mules?

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#3 2005-01-30 08:39:36

enigma

That's lmule. I used to think xmule was dead also, but it's still apparently up. I've just heard amule is better and I tried using the xmule package and it just kind of died when I tried to connect, so I didn't even bother...

#4 2005-01-30 08:42:16

enigma

Wow, I feel stupid...

I just found out the port was in fact closed... I just never got that error when I used the compiled version. That's odd. Sorry for asking before looking into it enough.

#5 2005-01-30 09:14:38

sarah31
Website

no problems. It happens. Thank you for the mule info. I can never keep them all straight.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#6 2005-03-06 12:27:53

Dreameen

I have a different problem with amule. It fails to connect to most of the servers claiming that 'Your IP is currently blacklisted' for no apparent reason.

I'm behind a NAT, anyway I have certain ports forwarded to me by admin, so I can use them for example in amule. So, in the connection settings tab I've entered the right port for TCP and UDP connections. The only part of amule configuration I don't quite grasp are the external connection settings in the Remote control tab. Here's the aforementioned error and confusing tab:

200503061324041024x768scrot6my.th.png

There must be an explanation for this strange behaviour. Even, if I'm already connected to a certain server, it gets disconnected after some time, which makes this really grat app unusable for me.

EDIT:
After some research it appears that I still keep getting LowID and some servers simply ban users with LowID's, the client keep reconnecting and as a result my IP ends up on the blacklist. So, my next goal is to set up amule correctly so that it accepts all kinds of connections. I have 3 ports forwarded to me by admin, now...to my mind if I put those ports in the right places in amule configuration I should end up having a fully qualified, HighID connection to edonkey network.

Board footer