You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-22 23:04:40

tjpp

AIF and automated installation

I have a bunch of machines to get installed. I am using the automated feature of AIF and so far  I have two questions:
1 - Even selecting net as SOURCE and eth0="dhcp", I have to run the partial configuration of the network before the automatic installation. Is it a bug or a feature ?
2 - How can I add the configuration file in the same usb stick as the installer ? I am currently using two sticks or copying it through scp.

It is really a great tool.

#2 2010-04-23 21:42:36

Dieter@be
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: AIF and automated installation

tjpp wrote:

I have a bunch of machines to get installed. I am using the automated feature of AIF and so far  I have two questions:
1 - Even selecting net as SOURCE and eth0="dhcp", I have to run the partial configuration of the network before the automatic installation. Is it a bug or a feature ?
2 - How can I add the configuration file in the same usb stick as the installer ? I am currently using two sticks or copying it through scp.

It is really a great tool.

1: that's not implemented yet, mostly because i'm not sure yet how i should do it. however, you can fix this by putting something like this into your config file:

worker_runtime_network () {
dhcpd eth0
}

2: you can just mount the filesystem(s) on the usb stick and copy the file to it. you can also create your own images using archiso (then you can put extra files in the aufs overlay during the image building process)

< Daenyth> and he works prolifically
4 8 15 16 23 42

#3 2010-04-24 18:31:17

tjpp

Thanks for your reply! It works with

dhcpcd eth0
}

with dhcpcd rather than  dhcpd.
I put the files on a second partition in the usb stick, since in the first one I got the warning about sdb1 already mounted.

Other points:

1. the options I have in BLOCKDATA are not passed to the final /etc/fstab. Basically are ext4 performance options (data=writeback, for instance). 

2. Is there a function like worker_intro () where I could put my scripts to run after core installation ? Is the worker_configure_system run after the packages installation ?

#4 2010-04-24 22:07:56

Dieter@be
Forum Fellow
Website

tjpp wrote:

Thanks for your reply! It works with

dhcpcd eth0
}

with dhcpcd rather than  dhcpd.

sorry, i make this typo all the time.

tjpp wrote:

1. the options I have in BLOCKDATA are not passed to the final /etc/fstab. Basically are ext4 performance options (data=writeback, for instance).

this is a bug that has been fixed in the meanwhile.
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/18994
iirc the latest isos at http://build.archlinux.org/isos/ have the fix.

tjpp wrote:

2. Is there a function like worker_intro () where I could put my scripts to run after core installation ? Is the worker_configure_system run after the packages installation ?

/usr/lib/aif/core/procedures/automatic should explain everything.

< Daenyth> and he works prolifically
4 8 15 16 23 42

Board footer