You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-30 12:16:28

flintmecha

VirtualBox 3.2.0 Beta1 - Dual Monitors (Arch Guest)

So first off, for anybody who hasn't heard, Oracle has put out the first Beta for VirtualBox 3.2.0. The announcement, along with release notes and download links is here.

One of the biggest bits of info is that VBox now supports multiple monitors for the Guest. This is really the only thing that I'm really interested in so it's why I downloaded and installed the Beta at work.

I was wondering if anybody here has already been successful getting multiple monitors working with Arch as a Guest, OR if anybody had a good idea of how it is to be accomplished.

Naturally, I have already installed the 3.2.0 Beta version of GuestAdditions (surprisingly, it worked like a champ the first try!) and I have set in the VM's settings to have 2 displays. When I launch the VM, two Vbox windows appear, but one remains black.

I am sure I need to set up my xorg.conf to support this, but I am having a hard time finding appropriate documentation. The big thing is since Arch is using the "vboxvideo" driver, it doesn't seem I can follow the DualHead instructions on the Arch Wiki.

Any advice?

#2 2010-05-01 03:39:56

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: VirtualBox 3.2.0 Beta1 - Dual Monitors (Arch Guest)

I've had multiple monitors on my WinXP guest for ages.... all they added is GUI support.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer