You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-01 16:00:03

humilleitor

qt font preference reverts to kde font settings over new session

Hello.

I almost can't believe nobody else has this problem (at least, after days of search, I haven't succeeded in googling it), despite it being so "notorious":

In kde, over a logout/login cycle, the font preferences set in qtconfig get lost, changing into the general kde font.

That simple. It can be reproduced very easily (actually, I don't know how can it _not_ be reproduced): set the general font in kde-system-settings to whichever you want (let's say "Mary"), and then set the default font in qtconfig to any other you fancy (let's say "Elisa"). Save and quit. Open any qt app (for example the same qtconfig), and it will show in the Elisa font as desired. Perfect. Now logout and login, open again qtconfig and... oooops!, like if by witchcraft, it will now show in Mary, and the default font setting is also Mary.

Now if somebody's thinking in asking me: "Hey, dude, but why would you want a different font in your qt apps than what you have for general kde font?", my answer is ready: "Just because". Need I more reasons? ;-)
In any case, even if it was meant to be like that (i.e., the qt apps necessarily inheriting the kde font settings), then it's me who asks: "So, what's the pourpose of having qtconfig as a dependency in kde?", and "what's the pourpose of having a font configuration setting in qtconfig?" Both things would seem to me useless...

Please, if somebody has also experienced this issue, or knows anything about this problem, or a workaround for it, or simply can help me to set my qt fonts different than my kde fonts, I'd very much appreciate some enlightenment.

Last edited by humilleitor (2010-05-01 16:11:22)

Board footer