You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-05 15:36:26

Wednesday

[SOLVED] Microphone not recognized on HP Pavilion dv6500 series

Hi.
First, I would like to thank the people that maintain Archlinux, it's the first time I really enjoy a linux distribution that much !
Besides, the few problem i've ever had have been solved pretty quickly by searching solutions on this (or others) boards...
Except for this one :

I can't get my microphone to work. Worst : I can't even get it recognized by alsa.
I'm working on a laptop : a HP Pavillion "dv6599ef" (dv6500 series). I know the sound device on this laptop is not really linux-friendly ; last year i've spent days just in order to enable the sound on Ubuntu...
Here on Arch the sound worked immediatly (even if phonon says that no, but it works, that's pretty funny !).

But the microphone (it's a stereo mic integrated near the cam, cam that worked immediatly too) never worked.
Besides, I have absolutely no idea how to fix that and I've never found anything about it. I've always used generic drivers, so I have no idea what specific driver should be installed... (Even the officiel HP page just mentions classic "Realtek AC" something drivers.

Does anyone have an idea ?

Thank you.

PS : sorry for my approximative english, I'm french !

Last edited by Wednesday (2010-05-05 16:07:36)

#2 2010-05-05 16:07:16

Wednesday

Re: [SOLVED] Microphone not recognized on HP Pavilion dv6500 series

Sorry for the double post, in fact there is no problem...
I just discovered that the default mic was "hw0,6" which was... my integrated RNIS modem !
Actually, hw0,0 was the correct microphone and was always working.
I just had to install audacity to find it ; (in fact, I always tested on other softwares such as aMSN, where I could not really manipulate the settings as in Audacity.)

Board footer