You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-08 07:16:25

chakra-user

[SOLVED]how to avoid mutiple conky instances starting?

I am facing this wierd problem of getting multiple conky instances(atleast 2-3) when I start my chakra arch linux. There is nothing in ~/.kdemod/Autostart directory. Even if I keep only one conky instance running and do a manual reboot/shutdown instead of via command line(so that kde gets time to save settings), the next time it again starts multiple instances of the same conky script. I have check .bashrc etc and nothing contains conky. Any idea where and how to get Single Instance of conky running?

am running kde 4.4.2.

Last edited by chakra-user (2010-05-08 10:53:20)

#2 2010-05-08 07:39:13

falsum

Re: [SOLVED]how to avoid mutiple conky instances starting?

chakra-user wrote:

I am facing this wierd problem of getting multiple conky instances(atleast 2-3) when I start my chakra arch linux. There is nothing in ~/.kdemod/Autostart directory. Even if I keep only one conky instance running and do a manual reboot/shutdown instead of via command line(so that kde gets time to save settings), the next time it again starts multiple instances of the same conky script. I have check .bashrc etc and nothing contains conky. Any idea where and how to get Single Instance of conky running?

am running kde 4.4.2.

Does chakra arch linux use .xinitrc? If so, isn't it possible to add the line "killall conky" in the .xinitrc file?

#3 2010-05-08 10:49:48

chakra-user

.xinitrc is used to start kde, how will it kill something that starts AFTER one logs into KDE???

#4 2010-05-08 10:53:05

chakra-user

I did some look around System Settings, and found I had added conky on startup and also there was some other command which was shown as blank(dont think it was conky). Anyways, I deleted both those commands and restarted X->KDE and now I have only one conky which is remembered I think by KDE session manager.

Last edited by chakra-user (2010-05-08 10:54:04)

Board footer