You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-09 09:52:26

yabasta

more permission woes...pacman and dbus

hi again, i'm not sure if i should have put this in my other thread or not but here goes...
id recently managed to screw up a lot of permissions on a lot of the major directories with thunar. And after some advice in this forum managed to save myself from doing a reinstall with 'chmod 755 /var /etc /lib64 /boot /root /usr and /bin'. Now, i'm weeding through the various file permissions as and when they appear. I seem to be having problems with dbus when i'm using fwbackups

/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Crypto/Hash/SHA.py:6: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
  from sha import *
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Crypto/Hash/MD5.py:6: DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
  from md5 import *

(fwbackups-runapp.pyw:4893): GVFS-RemoteVolumeMonitor-WARNING **: invoking IsSupported() failed for remote volume monitor with dbus name org.gtk.Private.GduVolumeMonitor: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildSignaled: Process /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-gdu-volume-monitor received signal 6

so i tried a reinstall of dbus, which gave me the following error

checking package integrity...
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                   [#####################] 100%
(1/1) upgrading dbus                                [#####################] 100%
warning: directory permissions differ on etc/X11/
filesystem: 775  package: 755
warning: directory permissions differ on etc/X11/xinit/
filesystem: 775  package: 755

Since i messed with the directory permissions, and did the chmod 755, this has been happening with a lot of things ive tried to install. As you can probably guess i really don't have much of a clue whats goin on, any help would be greatly appreciated

#2 2010-05-09 11:22:25

yabasta

Re: more permission woes...pacman and dbus

never mind, i've come to the conclusion it'll be quicker to sort this out by doing a complete reinstall.

Board footer