You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-12 06:20:59

sctice

Gnome-do plugins don't seem to work

I'm trying to use the "GCalculate" and "Search Web" actions for gnome-do, but I can't get them to return any results. Let's take the "GCalculate" case as a specific example. First I summon gnome-do, then I type a simple expression: "1+2". The "Gcalculate" action comes up in the second frame, and I hit enter. I get back "Google calculator could not evaluate the expression." I get similar results trying to use the "Search Web" action: "No results" for any string. Changing the order in which I enter the expression or search term and the action has no effect. Does anyone know what's going on, or have ideas on how I can debug this? Right now I don't know where to start looking for the problem.

Thanks.

#2 2010-05-13 13:08:40

king.flasher.dave
Website

Re: Gnome-do plugins don't seem to work

hey there,

I've been experiencing similiar problems with do since the latest update. All I could trace down so far is, that at the same time gnome-keyring-sharp-svn has been updated to gnome-keyring-sharp.
The package is a dependency for gnome-do and seems to break things. Currently I'm a bit unsure if I should wait till the gnome-do package gets fixed, or if I should revert changes to reuse the older svn version of the keyring package.
Gnome-Do is not starting anymore or rather just crashing on startup, which seems to be related to the plugins it tries to load (which require the older keyring package, but I'm not quite sure if it's all related to that updated package).

This is  a snippet from sudo pacman -Qi gnome-do

Name           : gnome-do
Version        : 0.8.3.1-2
URL            : http://do.davebsd.com/
Licenses       : GPL3  
Groups         : None
Provides       : None
Depends On     : ndesk-dbus-glib  gnome-desktop-sharp  mono-addins  gtk2  gnome-keyring-sharp  notify-sharp-svn  
                 xdg-utils  desktop-file-utils

If you want to get some debug info, run this in terminal (which will put all that stuff into a .txt for you):

gnome-do --debug >gnome-do.txt 2>&1

Or just go for gnome-do in terminal (but of course this will scroll you to death).

Hope this gets solved somewhere... do is freakin essential to gnome... haha

[update]

At my end it seems to have been related to the delicious plugin which makes do crash on startup. It requires stuff from keyring and then it breaks it all...

Removed gnome-do-plugins and gnome-do-docklets and at least do in general is starting up again...

[/update]

Last edited by king.flasher.dave (2010-05-13 13:16:19)

Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you'll ever regret.

#3 2010-05-13 13:44:47

wonder
Developer
Website

try to rebuild the plugins and docklets and see if is working

Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.

#4 2010-05-13 14:01:09

king.flasher.dave
Website

I've been trying a reinstallation of gnome-do-plugins, but the settings still persist making it break again...

Where can I find and delete them?

#5 2010-05-13 14:14:59

hokasch

Should be in ~/.gconf/apps/gnome-do/preferences

or ~/.local/share/gnome-do

Last edited by hokasch (2010-05-13 14:16:24)

#6 2010-05-13 16:27:26

king.flasher.dave
Website

Hmm, tried that as well (deleting the config files), but it showed no change. The Delicious plugin is still messing up big time:

Delicious.BookmarksItemSource "Del.icio.us bookmarks" encountered an error in Items: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Delicious.Delicious ---> System.DllNotFoundException: /usr/lib/cli/Gnome.Keyring-1.0/libgnome-keyring-sharp-glue.so
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Gnome.Keyring.Ring:gks_attribute_list_new ()
  at Gnome.Keyring.Ring.Find (ItemType type, System.Collections.Hashtable atts) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Do.Platform.Linux.GnomeKeyringSecurePreferencesService.TryGet (System.String key, System.String& val) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Do.Platform.SecurePreferencesServiceWrapper.TryGet[String] (System.String key, System.String& val) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Do.Platform.Preferences.PreferencesImplementation`1[Delicious.Preferences].TryGet[String] (IPreferencesService service, System.String key, System.String& val) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Do.Platform.Preferences.PreferencesImplementation`1[Delicious.Preferences].TryGet[String] (IPreferencesService service, System.String key, System.String def, System.String& val) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Do.Platform.Preferences.PreferencesImplementation`1[Delicious.Preferences].GetSecure[String] (System.String key, System.String def) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Delicious.Preferences.get_Password () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Delicious.Delicious.Connect () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Delicious.Delicious..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at Delicious.BookmarksItemSource.get_Items () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Do.Universe.Safe.SafeItemSource.get_Items () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 .
Delicious.BookmarksItemSource "Del.icio.us bookmarks" encountered an error in Items: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Delicious.Delicious ---> System.DllNotFoundException: /usr/lib/cli/Gnome.Keyring-1.0/libgnome-keyring-sharp-glue.so
  at Gnome.Keyring.Ring.Find (ItemType type, System.Collections.Hashtable atts) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Do.Platform.Linux.GnomeKeyringSecurePreferencesService.TryGet (System.String key, System.String& val) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Do.Platform.SecurePreferencesServiceWrapper.TryGet[String] (System.String key, System.String& val) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Do.Platform.Preferences.PreferencesImplementation`1[Delicious.Preferences].TryGet[String] (IPreferencesService service, System.String key, System.String& val) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Do.Platform.Preferences.PreferencesImplementation`1[Delicious.Preferences].TryGet[String] (IPreferencesService service, System.String key, System.String def, System.String& val) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Do.Platform.Preferences.PreferencesImplementation`1[Delicious.Preferences].GetSecure[String] (System.String key, System.String def) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Do.Universe.Safe.SafeItemSource.get_Items () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 .

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Delicious.Delicious ---> System.DllNotFoundException: /usr/lib/cli/Gnome.Keyring-1.0/libgnome-keyring-sharp-glue.so
  at Do.Universe.Safe.SafeItemSource.get_Items () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Delicious.TagsItemSource "Del.icio.us Tags" encountered an error in Items: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Delicious.Delicious ---> System.DllNotFoundException: /usr/lib/cli/Gnome.Keyring-1.0/libgnome-keyring-sharp-glue.so

Any ideas? Otherwise I'll keep rolling with the plugins disabled, which at least leaves Do intact and lets me launch stuff... for now.

Btw: The Docklet package seems to produce no errors!

#7 2010-05-13 16:40:48

wonder
Developer
Website

wonder wrote:

try to rebuild the plugins and docklets and see if is working

still waiting...

#8 2010-05-13 17:02:03

king.flasher.dave
Website

I've been trying a reinstallation of gnome-do-plugins

I already did, my dear friend. With settings in there, and also without, both times with no fun at all, and the delicious plugin (even with no configuration at all) messing up big time, as you can see above...
The delicious plugin exception points to stuff in gnome-keyring, so I have to assume that this is indeed the source of the problem...

Each time I install gnome-do-plugins and want to run gnome-do, it dies.

So now it's waiting game...

#9 2010-05-13 17:09:20

wonder
Developer
Website

my dear friend king.flasher.dave, reinstalling is different than rebuilding.

rebuilding means to get the PKGBUILD using abs and run makepkg and then install that newly built package into your system using pacman -U package.

#10 2010-05-13 17:11:08

eldragon

rebuild != reinstall.

use abs
copy the package's PKGBUILD and friends into a build dir of your choice.
enter into the build dir and run
makepkg

then pacman -U name.of.package.pkg.tar.xz

check the wiki for abs usage wink

i think the reason the TU sugests a rebuild is because gcc 4.5 seems to break stuff, and some flags have been changed in order to fix this.

#11 2010-05-13 18:09:22

wonder
Developer
Website

issue fixed in gnome-keyring-sharp-1.0.0-2

#12 2010-05-13 19:17:26

king.flasher.dave
Website

hehe, sorry for not getting your point. Was doing stuff in between and not fully reading/understanding what you wanted to submit to my brains.

new gnome-keyring-sharp fixed all indeed!

Problems fixed! Thanks for the help!

Board footer