You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-12 13:00:52

jlol

Flash full screen image freeze [Solved -> Updates]

Hi!
I'm having problems with some flash video (mainly on megavideo) when I play them in full screen. Normally first time I set full screen there is
no problem, but when I exit from that mode and set it again I get the image of the video frozen, but the system is still working, i.e, I can hear
audio, exit from full screen, close the browser, etc. but seeing the frozen image all the time. The only way to recover is getting out of X and restarting it from console.
I found some fixes like disable "Hardware acceleration" on flash and preloading libGL.so.1 but they didn't work.
The problem is in any of the browsers I have: firefox, seamonkey, uzbl, arora.
I'm using Archlinux up to date with Openbox and flashplugin-nonfree, and my computer is a Vaio VGN-NR10M with Intel X3100 graphics card.

Regards and thanks in advance.

Last edited by jlol (2011-09-29 13:34:17)

#2 2010-05-12 19:00:49

Square

Re: Flash full screen image freeze [Solved -> Updates]

This happens to me when I try to fullscreen pretty much any flash player, and I'm sorry to say that I do not have a solution.

However:

Under XMonad, I had to kill X and start it up again to get rid of the frozen screen. In Compiz, this is not the case. While using compiz, I can simply hit escape if the video is frozen fullscreen. When I hit escape, the video will close back to the player like you'd expect and everything is dandy. Eventually, if I keep trying to fullscreen the player, I will get lucky and it will fullscreen without being frozen. I have to go through this routine of fullscreen>Esc>fullscreen>Esc... every time I try to fullscreen flash, but it does circumvent having to kill X just to get rid of a frozen image.

So, you might try another Window Manager and see if my method will work for you until A. Adobe mans up or B. HTML5 revolution occurs.

Last edited by Square (2010-05-12 19:04:34)

#3 2010-05-12 22:03:37

jlol

I have tried with KDE and Pekwm and the same, maybe with Compiz has you said, but anyway I think I will wait till some update that changes it. In the meantime I will open the files on tmp or I'll download them. Thanks anyway smile

#4 2010-05-14 10:11:20

Square

I forgot to mention, there is another way around it that is perhaps a better solution.
If you pause the flash video and then 'ls /tmp | grep Flash', you will notice there is a file /tmp/FlashXLKsdfljjsdf or something of that nature. If you play this with mplayer (mplayer /tmp/Flashlajsdfl;sjdf), you can watch the flash video in mplayer rather than in the flash player. This is great for setting the aspect ratio to something else smile

P.S. You can even wait until the entire video is loaded and 'cp /tmp/FlashSDFhlsdf ~/video.flv' to save the video.

Last edited by Square (2010-05-14 10:13:51)

#5 2010-05-14 12:24:16

jlol

hehe thanks, in fact I'm doing that now, is also better because I'm not so good in English and in that way I can use subtitles big_smile

#6 2011-09-29 13:33:36

jlol

Problem got solved by updates

Board footer